- Boston, MA, USA
Akeneo helps more than 80,000 worldwide merchants manage their product information.
Our intuitive platform is made to simplify product information processes and is designed for companies looking for efficient answers to their multichannel needs. Our tool helps merchants to centralize, translate and control the quality of the product information, leading to higher transformation rates, better SEO, shorter time-to-market and lower return rates.
Akeneo software brings efficiency to marketing teams struggling with tools such as excel. We made our software user-friendly, so it’s intuitive and easy to use! Fossil, Forever 21, Staples, and many other companies chose Akeneo to improve their product enrichment processes.
The Instructional Designer will build scalable learning experiences that support the Akeneo Community in performing their jobs and unlocking growth through PXM. The ideal candidate will be creative and tech-savvy with experience working across multiple instructional delivery modalities including live, virtual, and on-demand training sessions. The Instructional Designer will create and continuously improve learning experiences using an array of approaches that engage learners and drive high-impact courses and programs. You will be responsible for designing, developing, and extending Akeneo’s course catalog, including high-quality training content in multiple formats such as interactive eLearning, videos, instructor-led sessions, virtual classrooms design, tool kits, job aids, study guides, and simulations. You will also be responsible for delivering the content, primarily to external members of the Akeneo Community such as customers and partners. The role requires an individual who can innovate, move quickly, and not be constrained by how things have been done before. The role also requires deep collaboration with SMEs including senior-level leaders.
The ideal candidate will be comfortable working on multiple projects in a fast-paced, high-energy environment. The candidate should be an adult learning expert who is creative, analytical, and customer-obsessed. They must be willing to roll up their sleeves and do what it takes to get the job done while insisting on the highest standards and measuring the impact of the learning experiences they build.
- Collaborate with business leaders and subject matter experts to build learning solutions for customers, partners and Community members of Akeneo.
- Lead learning projects from needs scoping to content creation to delivery, in collaboration with our Education Manager to deliver innovative learning solutions.
- Facilitate Live and Virtual Instructor-Led Training program sessions and deliver related content
- Pursue a deep understanding of learner roles and work with SMEs to ensure that learning solutions meet learner needs.
- Design and develop creative, learner-centered, performance-based training materials utilizing interactive eLearning modules and videos.
- Build learning assessments to track effectiveness of learning courses
- Use appropriate tools and delivery methods to produce blended learning materials.
- Develop scalable modules to ensure all training programs are consistent and ready for a potentially global audience.
- Leverage technology to improve learner access to materials and provide just in time learning.
- Continually evaluate solutions for quality, behavioral and business impact, and scalability.
- Maintain knowledge of new learning approaches, technology, and tools through continuous research to ensure our solutions deliver innovation.
- Provide input in support of marketing and partner teams building targeted marketing programs to support the sales of training curriculum.
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant field or equivalent work experience.
- 5+ years experience in instructional design and developing learning content.
- Experience designing, developing, planning, implementing, and assessing training to current industry and adult learning standards.
- Experience developing training collateral, interactive eLearning modules, and job aids.
- Working knowledge of eLearning development tools such as Skilljar.
- Experience planning for and analyzing data driven learning experiences.
- An eye for visual design and knack for creating great user experiences.
- Proven experience collaborating with subject matter experts, global stakeholders, and managers.
- Experience managing/updating training content residing on content management systems.
- Experience managing, monitoring, reporting on all curriculum and assessment data.
- Intermediate knowledge of media development (image, video, audio).
- Graduate degree in Instructional Design, Adult Learning, or a related field.
- 2+ years Project Management experience.
- Learning Management System (e.g., Skilljar, Cornerstone or Thinking Cap) administration experience, including eLearning publishing and learning assessments.
- History of sparking improvements in learning strategy and content through collaboration and prototyping.
- Ability to prioritize, manage and complete multiple projects with tight deadlines, multiple stakeholders, and minimal oversight.
- Excellent written (writing and editing) and verbal skills.
Benefits & Perks:
- 5 weeks of vacation and you’re expected to take it
- Extensive Health, Dental, Vision benefits along with 401k with company match
- Regular team outings and activities
- Flexible working hours and location - office, hybrid, remote all considered
- Beer on tap
- Trips to France
- Ample opportunities to learn and take on new responsibilities in a fast-paced, growth-mode startup
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.