Manager, Business Development Representatives
- Boston, MA, USA
Get in on the ground floor at one of Boston's top startups and help us solve a huge challenge for major retailers, great consumer brands, and huge players in B2B distribution and manufacturing - unlocking growth through the power of their product data. Akeneo is the only Enterprise Open Source Product Information Management (PIM) solution with great clients like Staples, Camping World, Taylor Made, BRP, Sunbelt Rentals, and more.
If you’d like to join in on our mission to make every shopping experience through every sales channel as perfect as possible, while taking on massive ownership over your work and helping scale Akeneo to be a pillar in the Boston tech community - we’d love to speak with you!
We’re looking for a Manager, Business Development Representatives to help scale the Akeneo BDR team as we aim to double our revenue through 2021 and beyond. This role will report to our VP of Sales in the Americas and be responsible for overseeing, mentoring and growing a team of BDRs that has been rapidly expanding. This team is a huge cog in our success, playing important roles in both our outbound sales motion and inbound demand generation efforts. This role will be responsible for developing vital prospecting and pipeline generation strategies in addition to effective lead qualification processes that will impact high-level company goals for years to come.
Whether you’re already an established team lead or a seasoned and successful SDR looking to step into a leadership role, this is the perfect opportunity to build and nurture a team while shaping the sales strategy for a rapidly growing startup.
- Manage, coach and scale a team of Business Development Representatives
- Lead the team to achieve and exceed monthly, quarterly, and annual targets
- Monitor and drive outbound sales motion including lead penetration and high activity standards
- Assist BDRs in developing prospecting and outreach strategies
- Participate in the hiring, interviewing, and training process helping to scale a quickly growing team of BDRs
- Develop and maintain monthly team forecasts
- Work cross-functionally with Marketing and other internal teams to generate pipeline
- Conduct regular one-on-one meetings with BDRs to build more effective communications, understand training and development needs, and provide insight for the improvement of the team’s sales and activity performance.
- Help create and lead training for BDRs on all areas of the sales process
- Participate in pipeline review meetings collaborating with the demand generation team on inbound lead campaigns
- Serve as a role model in the Sales org to uphold and implement the policies, procedures and values of the Akeneo team
- 2+ years of experience in tech sales, management experience preferred
- Consistent track record of exceeding targets
- Strong work ethic, motivated, and desire to continually learn and grow
- Interest in growing as a people manager, with a keen ability to connect with new and existing team members
- Willingness to jump into a rapidly scaling startup environment and build new teams, process and functions within the org
- Experience building and driving effective pipeline generation strategies
- Comfortable and willing to be a hands-on contributor
- Thrives in a competitive team environment
- Intuition and capacity to learn quickly and hit the ground running
- Outstanding communication, organizational and time management skills
- Able to assess performance both qualitatively and analytically
Benefits and perks:
- Beer on tap
- 5 weeks of vacation and you’re expected to take it
- Extensive Health, Dental, Vision benefits paid for by us, along with 401k
- Regular team outings and activities
- Flexible working hours and location
- Trips to France
- Ample opportunities to learn and take on new responsibilities in a fast-paced, growth-mode startup
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.