- Nantes, France
Akeneo helps more than 80000 worldwide merchants manage their product information.
Our intuitive platform is made to simplify product information processes and is designed for companies looking for efficient answers to their multichannel needs.
Our tool helps merchants to centralise, translate and control the quality of the product information, leading to higher transformation rates, better SEO, shorter time-to-market and lower return rates.
Akeneo software brings efficiency to marketing teams struggling with tools such as excel. We made our software user-friendly so it’s intuitive and easy to use! Made.com, Kurt Geiger, Samsung and many other companies chose Akeneo to improve their product enrichment processes.
[TL;DR] if you like playing with data every day by collecting, extracting, and transforming it, and if you're not scared of getting your hands dirty, well then, it's a no-brainer, join us!
We are looking for a Data Engineer to handle operations in production and to make the evolution of our datalake.
At Akeneo, we value a lot:
- Teamwork: We believe a workplace should be a place where we can learn from one another,
- Product Oriented: For us, our product must be about solving problems,
- Mentoring: Continuously improve yourself, grow with others, and emulate your team,
- Trustworthy: Your team is accountable for finding creative solutions,
- Engineering: We do serious business without taking ourselves too seriously.
At Akeneo, you will:
- join our data-oriented squad to make it grow from the ground to production,
- work on a daily basis as part of a multidisciplinary squad (Data Analyst, Lead Dev, Product Manager, Software Engineer...),
- use your knowledge to build optimal data pipelines that meet business owners needs and requirements,
- identify, design, and implement internal process improvements: automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery,
- have a career progression (diversity of topics and job positions, external and internal training, languages and technologies),
- play in an international background and goal-driven culture,
- enjoy after-work, book club, knowledge sharing sessions, conferences and team buildings,
- share your knowledge and experience with your teammates and learn from them.
We are interested in your profile for this position if:
- You have relevant experience with databases like MySQL, ElasticSearch, some data transformation tools like DataBuildTool, and cloud data warehouses such as BigQuery or Hadoop
- You have advanced skills in a scripting language such as Python or Shell script, and you are able to provide advanced SQL queries
- You are familiar with cloud providers such as AWS or GCP and already used Kubernetes
- Experience with data visualization tool
- Good communication skills
Additionally, here are some general skills that Akeneo teammates tend to have:
- you like to understand the stakeholders and their needs to build the perfect outcome that will answer the problem,
- you are convinced that data are the heart of decisions and the source of truth,
- you are proactive, autonomous, self-motivated, resourceful and are eager to have a meaningful impact,
- you like to have fun and have a life outside of work,
- you are comfortable in English (a strong French accent is ok),
- finally, you learned from your mistakes and you're ready to make new ones with us!!!
- Good work-life balance: flexible hours, remote working policy (you can be 50% remote with a subvention to install your work environment)
- The right tools for the right job: choose your own (Mac, Linux)
- Great mansion located in downtown Nantes where you will find Marie & Therese our chickens and our beautiful bees
- Once a year, you get to spend two weeks in one of our offices worldwide (Boston, Dusseldorf, Sydney, etc.) (Disabled for the moment due to sanitary restrictions)
Want to know more?
- Get the story directly from our R&D engineers, check out our Medium R&D blog
- Discover the Akeneo community! Let’s meet
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.