Site Reliability Engineer
- Nantes, France
Akeneo helps more than 80000 worldwide merchants manage their product information.
Our intuitive platform is made to simplify product information processes and is designed for companies looking for efficient answers to their multichannel needs. Our tool helps merchants to centralize, translate and control the quality of the product information, leading to higher transformation rates, better SEO, shorter time-to-market and lower return rates.
Akeneo software brings efficiency to marketing teams struggling with tools such as excel. We made our software user-friendly so it’s intuitive and easy to use! Made.com, Kurt Geiger, Samsung, and many other companies chose Akeneo to improve their product enrichment processes.
We are looking for a Site Reliability Engineer to help make our Akeneo SaaS platforms to be resilient, secure, and scalable. The ideal candidate is keen on building production & operation tools with strong coding skills and a deep understanding of how to run and scale SaaS platforms. At Akeneo, we value a lot:
- Teamwork: We believe a workplace should be a place where we can learn from one another,
- Product Oriented: For us, our product must be about solving problems,
- Mentoring: Continuously improve yourself, grow with others, and emulate your team,
- Trustworthy: Your team is accountable for finding creative solutions,
- Engineering: We do serious business without taking ourselves too seriously.
What you will do?
At Akeneo, you will:
- work on a daily basis as part of a multidisciplinary organization (product squads, DevOps, SREs, customer support) to focus on production, operation, and service run engineering topics and challenges
- improve and optimize existing production & operation services (scalability, performance, interoperability, etc.),
- have a career progression (diversity of topics and job positions, external and internal training, languages and technologies),
- play in an international background and goal driven culture,
- enjoy after-work, book club, knowledge sharing sessions, conferences and team buildings,
- share your knowledge and experience with your teammates and learn from them.
The skills we require
Solid experience in the following technical fields are welcome, we have high expectations on these topics. We are interested in your profile for this position if:
- you have experience with Terraform and a public cloud provider (AWS, GCP, Azure, ...),
- you have experience with Docker and Kubernetes,
- you have good experience with Go language or any similar ones (C++, Java)
- you have experience with CI/CD practices and test engineering (unit, integration, acceptance)
Strong "plus" if you have knowledge in:
- proven Kubernetes in-productiion experience
- SLIs/SLOs design and implementation
- Scrum team engineering culture
- production resolution experience (escalation, crisis management, post-mortem)
Additionally, here are some general skills that Akeneo teammates tend to have:
- you like to understand the customers and their needs to build the feature that will perfectly answer the problem,
- you are proactive, autonomous, self-motivated, resourceful, and are eager to have a meaningful impact,
- you are curious about Software Craftsmanship, Domain Driven Design, and related practices such as Event Storming and won't stop searching until you find the answer,
- you like to have fun and have a life outside of work,
- you are comfortable in English (a strong French accent is ok),
- finally, you learned from your mistakes and you're ready to make new ones with us!!!
- Good work-life balance: flexible hours, remote working policy (you can be 50% remote)
- 1 month parental leave for the second parent
- The right tools for the right job: choose your own (Mac, Linux, or Windows)
- Great mansion located in downtown Nantes where you will find Marie&Therese our chickens and our beautiful bees
- Once a year you get to spend two weeks in one of our offices worldwide (Boston, Dusseldorf, Sydney, etc)
Want to know more?