Senior Product Marketing Manager
- Boston, MA, USA
Akeneo helps more than 80,000 worldwide merchants manage their product information.
Our intuitive platform is made to simplify product information processes and is designed for companies looking for efficient answers to their multichannel needs. Our tool helps merchants to centralize, translate and control the quality of the product information, leading to higher transformation rates, better SEO, shorter time-to-market and lower return rates.
Akeneo software brings efficiency to marketing teams struggling with tools such as excel. We made our software user-friendly so it’s intuitive and easy to use! Made.com, Kurt Geiger, Samsung, and many other companies chose Akeneo to improve their product enrichment processes.
Akeneo is at the forefront of shaping a market category and elevating product experience management (PXM) to the same level as customer experience management (CXM). In order to give our products a clear and compelling voice while achieving our business targets, we are currently looking for a Senior Product Marketing Manager who will help develop and execute our go-to-market strategy across our PXM Studio of products for Product Information Management.
This individual will work in a fast-paced, energetic environment to identify and drive the product marketing initiatives necessary for growing market share and ensuring success for this leading solution. This includes being adept at building and telling relevant and strategic narratives through the lens of customer personas that position Akeneo successfully against the competition; being a credible and valued partner with product management to influence product direction as a customer champion; and aligning with product, marketing, sales, alliances and post-sales on product launches and release readiness,
This position will report to the Director of Product Marketing as part of a growing product marketing team.
What You’ll Do
- Your mission should you choose to accept it is to leverage your skills and experience as an empathetic product marketer to successfully launch products and capabilities into the market.
- You will work closely with product management to understand the product strategy and market fit, define use cases, understand competitive offerings, and articulate value propositions.
- You will lead product launch plans that are fully synced with business & revenue goals and aligned with marketing-, sales- and product-led pipeline generation targets.
- You will leverage analytics and insights to help with pricing decisions for both new product releases and optimizing pricing and sales incentives to achieve growth goals.
- You will collaborate with marketing teams to ensure integrated, market-tuned awareness and demand-generation programs are building the product pipeline that will help us achieve our goals.
- You will deliver compelling messaging and feature benefits that lead to Akeneo’s differentiators and truly resonate with our target customers.
- You will manage the creation of a wide variety of high-impact marketing, sales and product-led content including web pages, in-product messaging, presentations, sales training, demo videos and more.
- As a product, customer and market expert, you will prepare and give presentations & demos to customers, press and analysts, and at community events.
What You Need to Succeed
- 7+ years of experience in product marketing within the software industry, and preferably with SaaS offerings.
- Clear understanding of the digital commerce landscape.
- Proven ability to drive the go-to-market strategy and release readiness process with product management, marketing, sales, alliances and others.
- Be able to distill highly technical concepts into persuasive marketing content for diverse audiences.
- Ability to engage with and earn the respect of both deeply technical IT leaders, industry experts and business leaders alike.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with ability to work cross-functionally across sales, marketing & product management organizations.
- Strong analytical mindset, with the ability to draw business-relevant inferences and determine strategies and tactics from data and insights.
- Ability to rapidly prioritize and react to changing market dynamics.
- Demonstrate upstanding character, leadership, consistent execution and commitment to customer satisfaction.
- BA or BS or higher in marketing, business, computer science, engineering or related field.
- Ability to travel up to 30% of the time.
- A good sense of humor and a work hard, play hard attitude!