Director Product Marketing
- Boston, MA, USA
Akeneo helps more than 30000 worldwide merchants manage their product information.
Our intuitive platform is made to simplify product information processes and is designed for companies looking for efficient answers to their multichannel needs.
Our tool helps merchants to centralize, translate and control the quality of the product information, leading to higher transformation rates, better SEO, shorter time-to-market and lower return rates.
Akeneo software brings efficiency to marketing teams struggling with tools such as excel. We made our software user-friendly so it’s intuitive and easy to use! Made.com, Kurt Geiger, Samsung, and many other companies chose Akeneo to improve their product enrichment processes.
The Director of Product Marketing will be a key member of the Akeneo growth team - contributing to the success of the #1 Open Source Product Information Management solution in the market. Akeneo is at the forefront of shaping a market category and elevating product experience management (PXM) to the same level as customer experience management (CXM).
This individual will work in a fast-paced, energetic environment to identify and drive the product marketing initiatives necessary for growing market share, ensuring customer success, and market awareness for this leading solution. This includes research and identification of new market opportunities, definition of go-to-market strategies and plan, work with product management to influence product direction, field enablement, support of key customer engagements, and work with marketing execution teams on product launches, customer adoption and demand generation activities.
This position will report to the Vice President of Strategy and Growth and will manage a growing team of product marketers.
What You’ll Do
- Define and executive on the strategic objectives for the entire Product Marketing function at Akeneo
- Lead the effort to understand the buyers of our solution, their pain points and success stories, and be their advocate and voice of this audience across the company
- Plan the positioning and overall launch of new releases and collaborate with cross-functional teams to implement the plan
- Develop the core positioning and messaging for the product targeted to both technical and business audiences
- Collaborate with PM on roadmap positioning for both current install base customers as well as prospects
- Closely monitor key success metrics including customer acquisition effectiveness, win rates, and customer renewal
- Develop and partner to create solution-oriented content to build awareness and support demand generation and sales, including collateral, website content, videos, webinar and press releases, and customer communications
- Brief and train field staff and partners during regular sales meetings and webinars and build a scalable product positioning training program
- Act as product, domain and market expert through presentations & demos to customers, press and analysts, and at events
- Oversee market research, monitor competitive activity, and identify customer needs.
- Establish pricing strategies and develop marketing tools for successful product introductions.
- Develop thought leadership content, sales presentations, competitive intelligence information, and whitepapers to enable sales organization success with customers.
What You Need to Succeed
- 5-8 years of experience in product marketing and/or product role within the software or SaaS (software as a service) industry.
- Management experience.
- Clear understanding of the digital commerce and digital transformation landscape
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with ability to work cross-functionally across sales, marketing & product management organizations.
- Strong analytical mindset, ability to draw business relevant inferences from data.
- Results-oriented approach, ability to take calculated risks.
- Ability to rapidly prioritize and react to changing market dynamics.
- Demonstrate upstanding character, leadership, consistent execution and commitment to customer satisfaction.
- Located in the Greater Boston area.
- Ability to travel up to 30% of time
- A good sense of humor and a work hard, play hard attitude!