- Nantes, France
Akeneo helps more than 30000 worldwide merchants manage their product information.
Our intuitive platform is made to simplify product information processes and is designed for companies looking for efficient answers to their multichannel needs.
Our tool helps merchants to centralize, translate and control the quality of the product information, leading to higher transformation rates, better SEO, shorter time-to-market and lower return rates.
Akeneo software brings efficiency to marketing teams struggling with tools such as excel. We made our software user-friendly so it’s intuitive and easy to use! Made.com, Kurt Geiger, Samsung, and many other companies chose Akeneo to improve their product enrichment processes.
Our engineering department gathers 50 passionate engineers who build and maintain our 3 different products (PIM, Onboarder & Franklin). Our department is organized in 10 autonomous squads, each owning its activity or a stand-alone product. Each squad gathers all required roles and skills to fully handle its respective mission. Akeneo has a unique culture of close teamwork across Engineering and Product. One of our core values is Openness, a foundation to efficiently work together and better serve our customers. We're looking for a teammate to join our engineering management team in order to continue to develop the team with us.
About the role
You'll lead a team of 5 to 10 engineers (1 or 2 squads). You'll work closely with your team, software engineers, lead developers, product managers, designers, support managers and other engineering teams to bring our products and infrastructure services to life. Things change quickly in our dynamic environment, so adaptability, resilience, and ability to thrive in ambiguity are key traits.
Our tech stack
- Infrastructure: GCP, AWS, Docker, Kubernetes, Terraform
- Routing: Traefik, Nginx, Apache
- Backend: PHP, Python, Golang, Symfony
- Frontend: React, Typescript
- Persistence: ElasticSearch, Postgres, MySQL, Neo4J
- CI/CDs: GitHub, Circle CI
What you will be doing
- Work on a daily basis with multidisciplinary squads (lead dev, devs frontend or backend, product manager, UX designer & DevOps Advocate) to design, build and bring the product to life
- Work on a daily basis with the engineering management team to deploy together cross-team practices
- Ensure your team delivers an extraordinary output and continuously seek ways to make an outstanding impact
- Empower the team to achieve a high level of technical productivity, reliability and simplicity
- Set the way for the team, anticipate strategic and scaling-related challenges via well-thought-out long-term planning
- Help craft technical and product strategy
- Providing context so that team members can perform specific tasks
- Help people in the team grow professionally ensuring everyone's voice is heard and a wide range of people can be successful
- Tie every piece of work back to Akeneo mission and its business value
- Hire great co-workers to join the team and shape the good context to onboard them
- Share your knowledge and experience with your teammates and learn from them
- you have led a technical team and have a good track record of coaching teammates throughout their whole career path
- you know when to let the team figure things out on their own and also provide the necessary context and skills to help them out and be hands-on
- you know how to support teams to achieve their goals
- you have a technical background and can help a team evaluate trade-offs during development
- you enjoy working in an iterative development environment
- you can add value to a conversation even when you are not familiar with the entire context
- you work well with technical and non-technical people to deliver high-value results
- you like to lead by example
- you are a great communicator
- you have a track record of building and leading successful engineering teams
- you are holding yourself and others to high standards when working with production systems
- you speak English (a strong French accent is ok) and you want to improve by practicing every day? A dedicated teacher will help you on-site