- Nantes, France
Akeneo helps more than 80000 worldwide merchants manage their product information.
Our intuitive platform is made to simplify product information processes and is designed for companies looking for efficient answers to their multichannel needs.
Our tool helps merchants to centralize, translate and control the quality of the product information, leading to higher transformation rates, better SEO, shorter time-to-market and lower return rates.
Akeneo software brings efficiency to marketing teams struggling with tools such as excel. We made our software user-friendly so it’s intuitive and easy to use! Made.com, Kurt Geiger, Samsung, and many other companies chose Akeneo to improve their product enrichment processes.
[TL;DR] if you nurtured a kind relationship with people and if you're not scared of getting your hands dirty, well then, it's a no-brainer, join us!
We are looking for an Engineering Manager to lead a team of 5 to 10 engineers and work closely with them such as software engineers, lead developers, product managers, designers, support managers, or other engineering teams to bring our products and infrastructure services to life. At Akeneo, we value a lot:
- Teamwork: We believe a workplace should be a place where we can learn from one another,
- Product Oriented: For us, our product must be about solving problems,
- Mentoring: Continuously improve yourself, grow with others, and emulate your team,
- Trustworthy: Your team is accountable for finding creative solutions,
- Engineering: We do serious business without taking ourselves too seriously.
What you will do:
- Work on a daily basis as part of a multidisciplinary squad (lead dev, frontend and backend devs, product manager, designer & devops) to design, build and bring the product to life,
- Set the way for the team, anticipate strategic and scaling-related challenges via well-thought-out long-term planning,
- Help craft technical and product strategy,
- Providing context so that team members can perform specific tasks,
- Help people in the team grow professionally ensuring everyone's voice is heard and a wide range of people can be successful,
- Tie every piece of work back to Akeneo mission and its business value,
- Have a career progression (diversity of topics and job positions, external and internal training, languages and technologies),
- Play in an international background and goal driven culture,
- Enjoy after-work, book club, knowledge sharing sessions, conferences and team buildings,
- Share your knowledge and experience with your teammates and learn from them.
The skills we require:
Solid experience in the following management fields are welcome; we have high expectations on these topics. We are interested in your profile for this position if:
- you know when to let the team figure things out on their own and also provide the necessary context and skills to help them out and be hands-on,
- you know how to support teams to achieve their goals,
- you have a technical background and can help a team evaluate trade-offs during development,
- you enjoy working in an iterative development environment,
- you can add value to a conversation even when you are not familiar with the entire context,
- you work well with technical and non-technical people to deliver high-value results,
- you like to lead by example,
- you have a track record of building and leading successful engineering teams,
- you are holding yourself and others to high standards when working with production systems.
Strong "plus" if you have knowledge in:
- PHP Symphony or other backend languages
- MySQL, ElasticSearch or PostgreSQL
Additionally, here are some general skills that Akeneo teammates tend to have:
- you like to understand the customers and their needs to build the feature that will perfectly answer the problem,
- you are proactive, autonomous, self-motivated, resourceful, and are eager to have a meaningful impact,
- you are curious about Software Craftsmanship, Domain Driven Design, and related practices such as Event Storming and won't stop searching until you find the answer,
- you like to have fun and have a life outside of work,
- you are comfortable in English (a strong French accent is ok),
- finally, you learned from your mistakes, and you're ready to make new ones with us!!!
- Good work-life balance: flexible hours, remote working policy (you can be 50% remote)
- 1 month parental leave for the second parent
- The right tools for the right job: choose your own (Mac, Linux, or Windows)
- Great mansion located in downtown Nantes where you will find Marie&Therese our chickens and our beautiful bees
- Once a year you get to spend two weeks in one of our offices worldwide (Boston, Dusseldorf, Sydney, etc)
Want to know more?