Senior Legal & Compliance
- Nantes, France
Akeneo helps more than 30000 worldwide merchants manage their product information.
Our intuitive platform is made to simplify product information processes and is designed for companies looking for efficient answers to their multichannel needs.
Our tool helps merchants to centralize, translate and control the quality of the product information, leading to higher transformation rates, better SEO, shorter time-to-market and lower return rates.
Akeneo software brings efficiency to marketing teams struggling with tools such as excel. We made our software user-friendly so it’s intuitive and easy to use! Made.com, Kurt Geiger, Samsung, and many other companies chose Akeneo to improve their product enrichment processes.
We are looking for a highly qualified and business-oriented Legal Counsel to oversee the legal aspects of our business as an in-house senior legal and compliance within an international environment.
You will ensure the legality of commercial transactions and advise our company on legal rights and duties and you will safeguard our reputation by guaranteeing that the company strictly follows law guidelines and give legal advice to management about all relevant issues.
The successful candidate, will work with integrity and responsibility to effectively ensure legal conformity and minimize the probability of exposure.
- Draft, administer and solidify all contracts, agreements and other legal documents to help our sales team to negotiate and conclude their deal while ensuring the company’s full legal rights
- Draft and solidify employees’ agreements, compensation plan and other HR related legal documents to help us to formalize our employees’ engagements.
- Assist or represent the company in legal proceedings (administrative boards, court trials etc.)
- Give accurate and timely counsel to executives in a variety of legal topics (labor law, partnerships, international ventures, corporate finance etc.)
- Guide managers and ensure compliance with rules and regulations and collaborate with management to devise efficient defense strategies if needed
- Provide clarification on legal language or specifications to everyone in the organization
- Consult and handle all corporate legal processes (e.g. intellectual property, mergers & acquisitions, financial/securities offerings, compliance issues, transactions, agreements, lawsuits, patents)
- Develop company policy and position on legal issues by maintaining current knowledge of alterations in legislation while researching, anticipating and guarding company against legal risks
- Communicate and negotiate with external parties (regulators, external counsel, public authority etc.), creating relations of trust
- And last but least, as a compliance manager, you will specify internal governance policies and regularly monitor compliance and trained employees on this subject.
- Developing and overseeing control systems to prevent or deal with violations of legal guidelines and internal policies
- Evaluating the efficiency of controls and improve them continuously
- Revising procedures, reports etc. periodically to identify hidden risks or non-conformity issues
- BSc degree in Law or J.D. degree with proven experience as a legal counsel in a business environment and ideally law firm experience.
- Proven background on corporate law (contract law, tax law, accounting, securities law, bankruptcy, intellectual property rights, licensing, laws)
- The high degree of professional ethics and integrity
- Sound judgment and ability to analyze situations and information
- Outstanding communication, negotiation, and computer skills
- Administrative and managerial skills and strong attention to detail
- Mandatory bilingual in English and German Speakers would be a strong +