Network Security Engineer
- NC-24, Charlotte, NC, USA
**** Only W2 ****
Role: Network Security Engineer
Location: Charlotte, NC
Contract Length: 8+ months
This position will support the Vulnerability Assessment Team in their scanning operations by automating multiple tasks to increase efficiency and accuracy. The person filling this position will be responsible for analyzing existing technical tasks performed by engineers and building tools to automate those tasks. This will require identifying areas where efficiencies can be gained, understanding the existing process and writing code/building tools that will automate the tasks. To accomplish these goals, the candidate must possess advanced development/coding skills as well as advanced security/engineering/networking skills.
Example automation tasks may include:
· Data comes in from various sources (email, spreadsheets, automated data feeds, etc.) and is currently processed individually through semi-automated methods. The candidate will investigate how this data arrives at its destination, document and possibly recommend changes to the process, and build a utility to automate the importation of all of this data into a security tool via an API.
· Gather data from security tools through a variety of methods including screen-scraping and develop automated reporting using that data
· Develop a web-based tool to query security appliances and provide on-demand system status
A Successful Candidate Will Possess the Following:
· Ability to maintain the highest level of confidentiality
· Excellent interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills
· Solid knowledge of networking protocols for network administration as well as development including a deep understanding of http
· Familiarity with Qualys for vulnerability and/or policy compliance scanning
· Experience writing code using a variety of languages and tools such as Python, JSON and XML
· Advanced knowledge in variety of OS platforms
· Solid understanding of Information Security and Cyber Security concepts
· 3+ years of experience with network security and network protocols (TCP/IP, UDP, etc.)
· Understanding of advanced security concepts, architecture, operations, and tools.
· Experience supporting various server and desktop operating systems
· Must be a self-starter able to operate independently and within a group
· Familiarity with vulnerability scanning using Qualysguard
· Proficient administering Linux and MS Windows servers
· A desire for continuous learning
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.