SVP of Channel Sales/Channel Chief
- Anywhere, USA, United States
Headquartered in Los Angeles, AireSpring is an award-winning provider of cloud communications and managed connectivity solutions. AireSpring provides next-generation communications solutions including AireContact®, AirePBX® - Business VoIP Phone Systems, SIP Trunking, MPLS, and Dedicated Internet Access.
AireSpring has received numerous third-party industry awards: "Product of the Year", "Best Telecom Deal," "Best in Show," and "Top Channel Program."
AireSpring is privately held, debt-free, and renowned in the industry for delivering a broad range of innovative cloud communication and connectivity solutions at competitive rates.
As Airespring is an almost 100% channel focused sales organization, the SVP of Channel Sales is a key member of the corporate senior executive leadership team. The SVP of Channel Sales facilitates activities and provides analytical insight into actions and programs that drive sales, productivity, performance and results. This individual has broad responsibility to facilitate the channel sales process, technology, administration, analytics and other areas that impact sales results.
The SVP of Channel Sales has oversight responsibility for AireSpring’s Channel Sales organization. As a senior member of the team, the SVP is expected to work autonomously and collaboratively, interfacing with other senior executives, in marketing, account management, product, operations etc. The SVP will identify issues and roadblocks that impede performance in any way and will be responsible for driving the actions that bring about improvement in overall sales performance.
- Lead a National Team of Regional Channel Managers and Directors to ensure revenue and other team targets are achieved including partner acquisition, training and development. Ensure Channel Managers are actively managing their sales to target and quickly address any underperformance issues to resolution.
- Lead the Channel Team to ensure targets are achieved for revenue, customer acquisition, partner acquisition, activity and overall profitability.
- Help close new strategic partnerships with traditional and non-traditional partners. Ensure strategic metrics are in place that accurately measure team member's key activities and performance compared to target, which results in consistent revenue growth.
- Ensure all metrics are tracked so that accurate reports can be evaluated.
- Manage our CRM and monitor processes and prospects.
- Sales process and policies: Constantly review and make recommended changes to sales processes and policies. Manage the implementation of sales policies (e.g., territory and account rules, etc.). Identify cross-functional opportunities to improve sales processes (IT, credit, operations, customer service), and serve as voice of sales with other departments in driving change.
- Technology: Manage how the sales team uses sales tools and technologies such as CRMs, back office portals, quoting tools, etc. Contribute to the configuration of systems, and be the voice for sales with IT and other supporting organizations regarding requirements and changes needed.
- Project management: Hold meetings with channel partners and help drive the relationships forward to increase sales and strengthen relationships. Perform analytical tasks such as business case development and budgeting, create and lead presentations, develop project plans and manage execution of deliverables.
Desired Skills & Experience
- 10 or more years of experience in Channel Sales within the Telecom industry in general and Master Agency Segment in particular.
- Demonstrated ability to build high performance cross-functional sales teams.
- Proven track record of partnering successfully with marketing and product development to ensure new products are aligned with customer needs to positively impact revenue goals.
- Experience working with a proven consultative sales methodology.
- Prior experience overseeing indirect sales channels.
- Superior analytical skills. Must be comfortable working in large and ill-defined data sets, identifying trends and underlying drivers. The successful candidate will be able to build moderately complex models, reports and dashboards in Excel.
- Superior written communication skills. Must be able to effectively craft materials (slide decks, dashboards, etc.) that explain complex issues for executive audiences. The successful candidate will be able to build executive-ready documents with moderate input from supervisors and marketing.
- Excellent verbal communication skills. Must be able to facilitate meetings with diverse groups of stakeholders.
- Experience in managing stakeholders. Must be able to independently meet with stakeholders, communicating project update, gathering feedback and direction, and building consensus.
- Willingness and ability to travel extensively to meet with partners and sales team members.
- Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in business administration, communications.
Location: Ability to work remote
WHAT THIS COMPANY OFFERS YOU:
- Highly motivated and dedicated team
- Medical Insurance
- Vision and Dental Insurance
- 401k with employer match
- Generous vacation & holiday paid time off plan
- Onsite "Zen" relaxation room
- Onsite Game room with ping pong, pool, foosball, Pop-A-Shot & more
- Weekly car washes onsite while-you-work
- Equipped kitchens including coffee & tea
- Discounted monthly fitness membership benefit
- Public transportation benefit
- Wellness Day events, Company Award catered lunches & Fun Committee events
- AT&T & Verizon discounts on personal mobile plans
- Ample parking