Microsoft Software Architect (.NET/Azure/Microsoft 365)
- San Diego, CA, USA
Headquartered in San Diego, California, Agile IT has been serving cloud related services to progressive companies nationwide since 2006. Agile IT is a Digital Transformation expert focused on Cloud Computing, Security and Software as a Service. We specialize in migrating and managing IT services for customers looking to get the most from their IT investments. We strategically partner and align with Microsoft, Amazon Web Services, and more.
- Community: Build a community of managed customers that maximizes Cloud and SaaS services to drive their business
- Security: Continuously deliver best practices and operations for security and compliance while maintaining customers’ business productivity and collaboration
- Digital Transformation: Drive Digital Transformation through automation, integration, and process improvements by leveraging modern IT practices and cloud services
WORKING FOR AGILE IT
Agile IT offers multi-featured benefits that include competitive and attractive compensation, performance-based bonuses, holidays, combined vacation and sick days, medical, dental, vision, life, 401k, casual dress, gym membership, flexible spending accounts and more.
You will receive ongoing training and plenty of opportunities for advancement. You'll also enjoy a fun, friendly atmosphere with weekly company lunches, snacks and beverages, and social events. Must have valid driver’s license and reliable transportation for occasional work offsite.
Background checks, pre-employment aptitude, skills and personality testing are a mandatory part of the recruitment process.
Agile IT is a company built around the cloud and offers a variety of cloud solutions for our customers. Agile IT is looking to hire smart and passionate software architect looking to both build products for Agile IT and help provide guidance to customers looking to build solutions based on cloud architectures.
The Microsoft Software Architect role will contribute towards software projects using the latest tools from Microsoft and deployed to Microsoft Azure. The Software Architect will be a technical leader both within Agile IT and with customers on providing guidance and roadmaps for product and cultural evolutions to best use DevOps and Azure to build and operate products and services.
Agile IT isn’t the place where customers come to try out new product ideas. Customers come to Agile IT as they have an existing SaaS based application in Azure or a traditional application architecture looking to leverage Azure Platform as a Service capabilities. Along the way, this includes taking their existing build process and automating and testing it leveraging Azure DevOps with pipelines and test cases.
With over one million identities and mailboxes migrated to Microsoft 365 with Agile IT, we’re adding new solutions within Microsoft 365 to deliver business value to those customers. This includes new frontiers for applications based on Microsoft Teams, SharePoint, Dynamics, Flow, PowerApps, Power BI, and more.
Who You Are
· Transformational – You are an agent of change, capable and excited to embrace new solutions and technology to transform yourself, your clients and your company.
· Inquisitive – You have an appetite to learn, to stay on the cutting edge and pursue new ideas with rigor.
· Tenacious – You are driven relentlessly to deliver results and get to the end point. You actively turn obstacles into opportunities with ownership and passion.
· Challenging – You ignore the status quo, challenging yourself, your team, and your customers to new levels of performance, and you respect when you yourself are challenged.
The ideal candidate will possess the following attributes:
- Demonstrate verbal and written communication skills; ability to communicate with all levels of the organization, clearly and concisely present issues, alternatives, and recommendation(s)
- Demonstrate ability to explain complex technical concepts to a non-technical audience
- Work well in a team environment
- Strong personal commitment to quality and customer service
- Ideal candidates are passionate about automating development and production environments and look for creative ways to solve challenging technical problems
- Incorporates testing methodologies into software implementation
- Curiosity, strong critical thinking skills, and a willingness to learn
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
- Designing and implementing Microsoft Azure cloud-based services using platform service offerings.
- Prior experience working in a commercial development environment: best practices for development & code management.
- Provide guidance and directions for customers to transform their applications from traditional application architectures to ones that leverage Microsoft Azure Platform as a Service components
- Provide guidance and direction for customers to change their build and release process by leveraging Azure DevOps and the DevOps cultural shifts required
- Provide recommendations with respect to cloud migrations and prepare technical implementation roadmaps for Azure adoption
- Developing PowerShell tools to automate the Azure /AWS cloud system creation including end-to-end infrastructure, VMs, storage, firewall rules, etc.
- 10+ years software development experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science/Engineering or equivalent experience
- Develops and Executes Continues Integration
- Codes and Performs Automated Test
- Strong knowledge of identity solutions: Azure Active Directory, Active Directory, SAML, and OAuth
- Expert in developing solutions with Visual Studio Code or Visual Studio Enterprise, and
- Expert in building solutions with C# (and good knowledge of C++, Java, or PHP)
- Expert in architecting and developing solutions based on distributed services via RESTful based services, microservices, workflows, and service bus services
- Experience with cloud platforms (e.g. AWS, Azure) required
- Experience with SQL platforms (e.g. SQL Server, Azure SQL, MySQL, Azure Cosmos DB) and writing SQL Scripts
- Experience with SharePoint Server or Online development and integration preferred, but not required
- Experience with Git and/or Azure DevOps preferred
- Knowledge of containerization tools - Vagrant, Docker, Kubernetes, etc.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.