Systems Server VMWare vSphere Systems Administrator (Information Technology Specialist III)
- Ft. Leonard Wood Military Res., Fort Leonard Wood, Missouri, United States
MUST BE A U.S. CITIZEN
A3T, a fast-growing firm, specializes in Defensive Cyber Security Services, Next Generation/ Enterprise Information Technology (IT) Solutions, and Professional Services. We provide customer-centric services and focus resources to exceed expectations; and ensure our customers, employees, and other stakeholders are the focal point of all decisions and actions.
Join A3T and watch your career soar! A3T is an agile and ‘Best Places to Work’ company looking for incredible talent to support our Department of Defense customer in many important national security roles. A3T is looking to bring on an experienced Systems Server VMWare vSphere Systems Administrator (Information Technology Specialist III) with “Next-Level Thinking” who is ready to take their career to a new level with A3T."
The successful Systems Server VMWare vSphere Systems Administrator (Information Technology Specialist III) serves as the administrator of all VMWare / vSphere Windows-based systems and servers ensuring they are always available to the user. This requires monitoring the systems and ensure they are operating at peak efficiency. Identify and resolve any degradation, unusual activities, or system downtime, and immediately notify the designated Government representative of any instances of system degradation, unusual activities and or system downtime.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Plans and leads VMware migrations
- Optimizes VMware for utilization of SAN storage
- Implements VMware with multiple storage components
- Migrates large numbers of virtual servers to SAN arrays without impacting users
- Utilizes vCenter Operations Manager to perform VMWare and vSphere Administration
- Performs daily backup operations, ensuring all required file systems and system data are successfully backed up to the appropriate media, recovery tapes or disks are created, and media is recycled and sent off site, as necessary.
- Administer the Microsoft Windows systems and peripheral equipment and network.
- Optimize system performance and conduct vulnerability Assured Compliance Assessment Solution (ACAS) scans and run intrusion detection software and applies security patches to safeguard the system from intrusion and provide virus detection and removal services IAW AR 25-2 on a weekly basis (as needed)
- Ensures work efforts achieve the outcomes specified in the contract
- Attends Kick Off Meetings
- Clearance: None
- Eight (8) years related experience in Information Technology with Five (5) years’ experience with VMWare Enterprise Level
- Required Certifications: Must meet requirements DoDD 8570.01-M IAT-II and possess:
- Computing Environment (CE) certification for the operating system(s) and must maintain CE certification as the command migrates to newer releases
- VMware Certified Professional on vSphere 54 (VCP5) or vSphere6 (VCP6)
- CompTIA Security +
- Microsoft Certified System Administrator (MCSA)
- A minimum of five (5) years’ (Systems Admin) experience supporting Microsoft, or other server-based environment in a Server/Systems Administrator position utilizing VMWare and vSphere
- Must have at least three (3) or more years (Systems Admin) of specialized experience working with VMWare, vSphere, SAN Storage, and vCenter Operations Manager
- Must be able to support current releases of all OS and applications.
- Additional requirements include responsible for systems analysis, diagnosis and troubleshooting, Information Assurance (IA) initiatives, and system mitigation and transition strategies.
- ITIL (Preferred)
Agil3 Technology Solutions LLC ("A3T") is a Northern Virginia based, ISO 9001:2018, ISO 20000 & ISO 27001 Certified, 8a, Women-Owned (WOSB) and Service-disabled Veteran-Owned (SDVOSB) small business established in 2012. A recent recipient of the prestigious Washington Technology, TOP 50 (ranking #9), A3T is experiencing industry leading recognition and growth. In addition to the CEO’s recognition as an “All-Star Entrepreneur”, A3T is recognized by Inc Magazine as one of the fastest growing companies in the country, by Vet 50, as Fastest Growing Veteran-Owned Businesses, and is Featured in CyberSecurity Ventures / Cybercrime Magazine! “As a go-to Women-Owned Cybersecurity company in US and internationally”. As part of our growth, we are looking for a YOU to join our growing team.
A3T offers excellent benefits to enhance the work-life balance, these include the following:
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Short Term & Long-Term Disability
- 401k Retirement Savings Plan with Company Match
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Tuition and Professional Development Assistance
- Parking/Travel Reimbursement (metropolitan areas)
It is the policy of A3T to provide equal opportunity in recruiting, hiring, training, and promoting individuals in all job categories without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected class or category as may be defined by federal, state, or local laws or regulations.