Technical Recruiter / HR Specialist
- 3141 Fairview Park Dr, Falls Church, VA 22042, USA
MUST BE A U.S. CITIZEN
A3T, a fast growing firm, specializes in Defensive Cyber Security Services, Enterprise Information Technology (IT) Solutions, and Professional Services driven by customer requirements. Our client’s customers are the focal point of all decisions and actions. A3T provides customer-centric services and focus resources to meet operational requirements, exceed expectations, and sustain organizational growth while mitigating risk.
Join A3T and watch your career soar! A3T is a small, agile, company looking for incredible talent to support the United States Government in many important national security roles. A3T is looking to bring on an experienced Technical Recruiter/HR Specialist.
The successful candidate shall provide full cycle recruiting ability to attract, screen, select and onboard qualified and suitable personnel to fill our technical job openings in the Federal contracting industry.
This includes achieving staffing objectives by recruiting and evaluating job candidates; and advising managers. The technical recruiter/HR Generalist is to be able to identify/screen/qualify candidates for IT positions; the recruiter also reviews, reformats and presents resumes to hiring managers. The goal is to attract top technical talent from our candidates’ pool, gain competitive advantage, and fuel the company’s growth.
- Implements and establish recruiting requirements by studying A3T’s plans and objectives; meeting with managers to discuss needs.
- Implement overall recruiting/HR strategy
- Develop and update job descriptions and job specifications
- Perform job and task analysis to document job requirements and objectives
- Prepare and post jobs to appropriate job boards
- Perform HR general activities (e.g. manage and maintain EE roster, address HR questions, company handbook updates, HR policies, etc.)
- In-process / Out-process employees
- Work with internal/external HR points of contact (as applicable)
- Builds applicant sources by researching and contacting community services, colleges, employment agencies, recruiters, media, and internet sites; providing organization information, opportunities, and benefits; making presentations; maintaining rapport.
- Determines applicant requirements by studying job description and job qualifications.
- Source, screen, interview, and evaluate candidates
- Source and attract candidates by using databases, social media etc.; Attracts applicants by placing job advertisements; using newsgroups and job sites
- Screen candidates resumes and job applications
- Conduct interviews; Determines applicant qualifications by interviewing applicants; analyzing responses; verifying references; comparing qualifications to job requirements.
- Assess applicants’ relevant knowledge, skills, soft skills, experience and aptitudes
- Evaluates applicants by discussing job requirements and applicant qualifications with managers; interviewing applicants on consistent set of qualifications.
- Foster long-term relationships with candidates
- Review and understand technical job requirement requirements
- Review applicants to verify if position requirements are met
- Arranges management interviews by coordinating schedules; arranges travel, escorting applicant to interviews (as applicable); etc.
- Onboard new employees in order to become fully integrated
- Monitor and apply HR recruiting best practices
- Provide analytical and well documented reports to the rest of the team
- Act as a point of contact and build influential candidate relationships during the selection process
- Follow up with candidates
- Promote company’s reputation as “best place to work”
- Format resumes meeting client expectations
- Improves organization attractiveness by recommending new policies and practices; monitoring job offers and compensation practices; emphasizing benefits and perks
- Accomplishes human resources and organization mission by completing related activities as needed
- Avoids legal challenges by understanding current legislation; enforcing regulations with managers; recommending new procedures; conducting training
- Must be a U.S. Citizen; Security Clearance desired (not required)
- Minimum 3-5-years professional experience in all facets relative to technical recruiting/administration for a Federal Contractor and performing the above tasks
- Degree in Business (preferred)
- Technology knowledge – have some understanding of technology and ability to learn technical information
- Results Driven and Professionalism
- Strong Organization and Management Skills
- People Skills, Phone, Recruiting & Interviewing Skills
- Self-confidence and self-starter
- Excellent communication (verbal & written) and interpersonal skills
- Inquisitiveness – Ability to ask questions of your hiring managers and your candidates; and Good Judgment
- Ability to build credibility and keep candidates either coming back to you or sending referrals Ability to build strong relationships
- Office automation tools (MS Office etc.) for proofreading, editing and formatting
We offer a competitive benefits package to include: paid holidays, paid time off, medical, dental, vision, 401k, company paid long and short term disability and life insurance, referral bonuses, education/certification reimbursement program and more.
It is the policy of A3T to provide equal opportunity in recruiting, hiring, training, and promoting individuals in all job categories without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected class or category as may be defined by federal, state, or local laws or regulations.