Key Management Infrastructure (KMI) Technician/Communications Security Specialist
- San Diego, CA, San Diego, California, United States
A3T, a fast growing firm, specializes in Defensive Cyber Security Services, Enterprise Information Technology (IT) Solutions, and Professional Services driven by our customer requirements. Join A3T and watch your career soar!
A3T is looking to bring on an experienced, Top-Secret cleared, Key Management Infrastructure (KMI) Technician/Communications Security Specialist to support our customer in San Diego, CA.
The successful KMI Technician/Communications Security Specialist candidate will support the Navy’s second largest KMI Tier II account, which services 68 local element commands. KMI manages the receipt, transfer, physical security, issue, inventory, preventive maintenance, and destruction of Controlled Cryptographic Items (CCI), Secure Terminal Equipment (STE), and Secure Communications Interoperable Protocol (SCIP) equipment and associated keying material; maintaining computer databases for various cryptographic equipment and KMI account administrative documents; sorting, arranging, and filing KMI records and files. KMI operations is a critical mission to our Navy customer.
- Perform security administrative tasks, requiring practical knowledge of security objectives, requirements, and processes in support of established DoD and DON security programs (e.g. personnel or industrial security)
- Provides end-user KMI support and performs general administrative duties with minimal guidance
- Performs all aspects of administrative and office support activities for the directorates, divisions, and/or branches within NCTS SD
- Provide administrative assistance with the receipt, transfer, physical security, issue, inventory, preventive maintenance, and destruction of CCI, STE, and SCIP equipment and associated keying material;
- Maintain computer databases for various cryptographic equipment and KMI account administrative documents;
- Sort, arrange, and file KMI records and files; training local element command KMI custodians in NCTSSD KMI policy and procedures.
- Assist with the shipment, storage, and maintain the account COMSEC files.
- Train local element command custodians in organizational KMI policy and procedures
- Develop and administer a robust training program for the COMSEC user community on handling and protection of keying material, aids, and equipment
- Must be a U.S. Citizen
- Clearance: Must have a Top Secret (minimum Secret) Clearance
- Working Knowledge and experience of COMSEC NSA/CSS Policy Manual 3-16, National Industrial Security Program Operating Manual (NISPOM), and other applicable DoD directives
- 3 or more years in KMI (or related field) of corporate or DoD/government work experience
- Must be able to work independently and possess analytical processing skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and a solid understanding of DoD and Armed Forces organizational structure, ranks, and customs/courtesies
- Skilled in verbal and written communication techniques is required to conduct meetings and prepare reports and other correspondence
- Has completed either a KMI or EKMS course of instruction (COI) offered by or contracted through a U. S. government agency or department
- Thorough understanding and knowledge of (1) EKMS 1(Series): Provides Electronic Key Management Systems (EKMS) Policy and Procedures for Navy EKMS Tier 2 & 3, and (2) EKMS 1(Series) Supp 1: Provides Interim Policy and Procedures for Accounts Transitioning to the Key Management Infrastructure (KMI).
Agil3 Technology Solutions LLC ("A3T") is a Northern Virginia based, ISO 9001:2018, ISO 20000 & ISO 27001 Certified, 8a, Women-Owned (WOSB) and Service-disabled Veteran-Owned (SDVOSB) small business established in 2012. A3T is experiencing industry leading recognition and growth. In addition to the CEO’s recognition as an “All-Star Entrepreneur”, A3T is recognized by Inc Magazine as one of the fastest growing companies in the country, by Vet 50, as Fastest Growing Veteran-Owned Businesses, and is Featured in CyberSecurity Ventures / Cybercrime Magazine! “As a go-to Women-Owned Cybersecurity company in US and internationally”. As part of our growth, we are looking for a YOU to join our growing team.
A3T offers excellent benefits to enhance the work-life balance, these include the following
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Short Term & Long-Term Disability
- 401k Retirement Savings Plan with Company Match
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Tuition and Professional Development Assistance
- Parking Reimbursement
It is the policy of A3T to provide equal opportunity in recruiting, hiring, training, and promoting individuals in all job categories without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected class or category as may be defined by federal, state, or local laws or regulations.