Community Engagement Manager
Agbeyewa Farms is a world-class agribusiness with farm operations in Ekiti State, Nigeria. We have foresight for expansion into Africa whilst we create decent jobs and economic opportunities for local communities and become a force to reckon with in the agribusiness on a global scale.
We are looking out to hire a reliable and well-experienced all-round Community Engagement Manager to join our capable team of professionals.
The Community Engagement Manager is responsible for overseeing a range of community relations, marketing, communications, supervisory and social awareness. In this role, you will be tasked with developing programs that help build trust between the organization and the community we serve.
- Managing the creation and execution of an overall plan for community outreach and engagement, including raising awareness about the organization, and the development of engagement and partnership pathways for individuals and organizations that align with Agbeyewa’s mission and vision
- Conducting community needs assessments to determine areas of need in the community
- Developing relationships with community leaders to build support for community initiatives
- Planning and coordinating activities that promote community involvement in nonprofit organizations or government services
- Responsible for supervising community relations activities and initiatives
- Facilitates the development of new ideas and methods for program enhancement and adjusts and adapts to changes
- Oversees community engagement events internally and externally
- Undertakes any secondary tasking and responsibilities deemed necessary for a robust Community Engagement program
- Ideal candidate should be resident in Ekiti State and must be familiar with the environment.
- A Bachelor’s degree in a related field.
- 5-8 years’ experience in a related position, prior community organizing, and campaign organizing experience. Experience in agribusiness is a plus.
- Proven ability to network with community resources, build relationships and create community partnerships
- Ability to work as a positive team leader, facilitating a team environment through personal behavior, work contributions, and the sharing of experience and knowledge
- Excellent communication, organizational and interpersonal skills
- Ability to meet deadlines in a timely and efficient manner
- Demonstrates a high degree of personal initiative with good planning and organizational skills
- Competitive Compensation.
- 5 - day workweek.
- Competitive Health Insurance (Employee + Spouse + 4 children).
- Wellness Programs
- Employee Training Programs
- Growth and Development
- Mentoring and Counseling
Office base: Ado-EKITI, Nigeria with approximately 25% travel (within Nigeria and internationally)