Director of Farm Operations
Agbeyewa Farms is a world-class agribusiness with farm operations in Ekiti State, Nigeria. From Ekiti State, the company plans on expanding elsewhere in Nigeria and into Africa to generate an investment return and create decent jobs and economic opportunities for local communities.
The Agricultural Sector Leader:
- Reporting to the Board, the CEO is responsible for developing and refining the company’s strategy and implementation of its business plan to meet the company's mission of building a world-class agribusiness based in Ekiti State, Nigeria.
- Is responsible for the overall quality of Agriculture programme implementation, business development / resource mobilization, steering the quality of content and overall management of the company Agriculture and Agroindustrial programmes in Nigeria and other countries as required.
- Will enhance the quality and visibility of our Multisector Agro-industrial programmes and position the company within the national agriculture sector best standards.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The selected candidate will be responsible for the following tasks:
- Strategic Leadership: develop the level Agriculture strategy aligned to corporate large scale Commercial farming adopting international best management pratices in a permanent innovation and sustainable results orientated vision.
- Representation: represent Agbeyewa for the agriculture sector in Nigeria; build and expand relationships with Private and Public sector and other partners.
- Program Management: support and execute the project management of the Company to ensure effective planning and monitoring, quality implementation, financial management, and punctual activities reporting.
- Business Development: develop proposals and secure funding for innovative Agriculture programs, including those focused on, out growers and youth employment; as needed, may also support business development for the value-chain of other agro-industrial sectors
- Senior and Junior Staff Management: lead, manage, and coach the company agriculture and industrial sector managers, supervisors, advisors, and consultants.
- Monitoring & Evaluation: ensure uniform understanding and practice in planning, reporting, monitoring, and evaluation of agricultural programs in line within Agbeyewa work models and internal frameworks.
- Representation & Promotion: develop and maintain relationships with stakeholders to improve the company market position and actively participate in external and internal networks.
- The Agriculture Sector Leader is member of the Country Management Team
- May serve as Acting Country Director for the Company agro-industrial projects in the absence of the Country Director or his delegate.
- Relevant advanced academic qualification in Agriculture (BSc. Agriculture, Ag. Economics) or related field.
20+ years of relevant experience in the design, implementation and management of agriculture and agro-industrial projects sectors, preferably in West Africa with the understanding of the major challenges to be faced in the present global food scarcity crises.
Long xperience supported with a proven success track record of past international experience with the agro-industrial value chains, ag scientific engagements and market-based approaches.
Knowledge and experience in climate-sensitive agriculture.
Experience with entrepreneurship projects targeting out-growers communities will be a required.
Knowledge and proven experience of ag best management practices in rainfed and irrigation large scale commercial farming operations including but not limited to land preparation, crop variety selection, plant nutrition, weeds, pest and disease control, manual and mechanized planting, harvesting and transport operations, pre-feasibility and feasibility studies, Environmental and Social Impact studies as per World Bank standards, establishing and monitoring agricultural implementation programs, linking with National and International Ag Research Departments in order to continuously adapt and adopt new genetic material, cultural practices, post-harvest losses control, disease pest, environment biodiversity protection, soil erosion protection practices, etc.
Proven successful experience with management of out growers schemes in Africa and other continents.
Proven track record in program design, proposal writing, business development, budget preparation and financial mobilization and management.
Self-motivated achiever with excellent intercultural leadership, teamwork, coaching, communication, networking and organizational skills
- Competitive Compensation.
- 5 - day workweek.
- Competitive Health Insurance (Employee + Spouse + 4 children).
- Wellness Programs
- Employee Training Programs
- Growth and Development
- Remote working and IT Assets provided for Remote employees
- Mentoring and Counseling
Office base: Ado-EKITI, Nigeria with approximately 25% travel (within Nigeria and internationally)