- Various / Remote, San Francisco, CA, United States
At Aerovect, we leverage advanced automation to transform logistics and cargo handling at some of the busiest airports and logistics centers in the world. With a focus on bringing self-driving technologies to complex industrial environments, AeroVect is shaping the future of industrial automation, backed by top-tier investors.
If you have a passion for applying autonomous driving technologies to impact the flow of goods for millions of people, we want to talk to you!
We’re looking for Engineering interns who are eager to bring autonomous driving systems to life from the ground up. Minimum Internship duration is 2 months, with flexible start and end dates.
In this role, you will help grow our ADS software stack in a fast-paced, early-stage startup environment. You will own and lead the design, simulation, and real-world implementation of a specific autonomy module as part of creating a category-defining ground vehicle system aimed at automating cargo movement at airports and logistics hubs.
Specifically, we are looking for individuals who have deep functional expertise in one or more of the following areas:
- Perception and Sensor Fusion
- Localization and Mapping
- Vehicle Control, Planning, and Decision Making
Your job scope will involve selecting and working with both cutting-edge techniques as well as proven, off-the-shelf technologies to support your specific ADS module, and working with other members of the engineering team to integrate into the overal system architecture… all while creating unprecedented value and functionality for the modern supply chain.
The opportunity offers a technical, hands-on team leader the chance to help develop a market-defining enterprise product that combines autonomous vehicle technology with a software-as-a-service (SaaS) business model.
This role will work closely with our co-founders and the Autonomy Lead.
What You’ll Do
Define, lead, and own the hands-on creation of your ADS subsystem module, targeting milestones and working with internal/external partners — expect to spend ~75% of your time performing hands-on development, with the remaining 25% integrating with the overall software stack, working with a team of world-class engineers to target aggressive milestones.
Design, implement, test, and support ADS module functionality through simulations and real-world test runs in context of the airside airport environment, including vehicle corridors and airport apron.
Work with the engineering team at large to support all aspects of ground vehicle autonomy, including planning, perception, navigation, and infrastructure subsystems
Collaborate with hardware engineering to create an integrated system, including calibration and integration
Understand and keep up-to-date with state of the art
Strong CS fundamentals (via academic or industry experience)
Background in developing the autonomy (sensing & decision-making) functions of a deployed, autonomous vehicle
High-performing engineering experience
2+ years experience working on software engineering teams
Comfort with shipping safety-critical software
Experience shipping a working robotics or vehicle autonomy subsystem
Candidates with unconventional experiences especially encouraged
Willingness to get hands-on and have lots of fun
Advanced research experience in vehicle autonomy or machine learning
Background in safety-critical software/system development (preferably a ground robotics functional safety standard such as ISO 26262 or IEC 61508)
Prior experience developing and supporting all aspects of autonomy for a production ground-vehicle subsystem, or research prototype (end-to-end, full lifecycle development preferred)
Experience with ROS, OpenCV
Experience with Carla, CarSim, or comparable technologies
AeroVect is a technology company that applies the latest advances in autonomous driving systems to create today the airports and logistics centers of the future. We work with airports around the world to bring self-driving tow tractors to life.
Our experienced team of engineers and aerospace industry specialists from Harvard and MIT have collectively spent decades developing cutting-edge autonomy and aerospace technologies. Founded on the principles of safety, efficiency, and reliability, our mission is to create the airport of the future today, making logistics work for millions of people while having lots of fun on the way. Read more on our website at www.aerovect.com .
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of the best and brightest from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.