Supply Chain Planner
- 7515 Lemmon Ave, Dallas, TX 75209, USA
Aero Star Aviation was founded in 2013 by President Chris Grinnell. Chris has an extensive background in Embraer Phenom Maintenance and Management dating back to the first Phenom production nearly 10 years ago. Aero Star Aviation is rapidly growing into the number 1 alternative for Embraer Phenom 100s and 300s Maintenance and Management in the southern hemisphere. Our employees are completely specialized and educated on the Embraer Phenom aircraft to ensure the highest quality services to our customers. With locations in Dallas, TX and Ft. Lauderdale, FL, we pride ourselves on our customer connections and superior service.
We live by customer service attentiveness, accommodation, and accuracy!
Aero Star Aviation is currently seeking a Supply Chain Planner to coordinate and oversee all inventory, logistics, shipping and receiving, and material distribution. The ideal candidate will be comfortable managing large scale projects, resourcefully allocating assets, and executing transportation and logistics plans.
- Receive all incoming packages and inspect for quality and airworthiness.
- Ship aircraft parts as required to ensure company aircraft are in a flyable status.
- Maintain inventories and certifications accurately and properly in the company’s software system.
- Responsible for creating and maintaining warranty claims, rotable components, exchanges, repair orders, hazmat shipping/receiving and other duties as assigned.
- Ensure process and procedures for purchasing are consistent with Purchasing Procedures.
- Organize and prioritize daily workload for the parts department and purchasing department.
- Accurately assign parts to aircraft that are currently under maintenance.
- Daily liaison with DOM to ensure parts needs are satisfied to meet aircraft schedules.
- Ensure Vendors are advised of any Import requirements to avoid shipping delays. (Such as drop shipments, etc.)
- Ensure aircraft product purchases have necessary certification for material type.
- Coordinate with Finance to resolve invoice discrepancies.
- Follow up with vendor purchases to ensure delivery times are being met.
- Resolve purchase order discrepancies between vendors and the company in a timely manner.
- Provide reporting data to Director of Maintenance as required.
- Maintain a corporate atmosphere that is safe, neat, and professional.
- Coordinate and oversee the order cycle and associated storage and movement of goods
- Plan, coordinate, and execute domestic and infrequent international transportation plans
- Develop precise transportation/logistics plans including risk mitigation planning and cost estimates
- Ensure all employees are trained and competent on required automation, tools and equipment
- Ensure employees have the necessary resources, product, tools and/or equipment
- Provide scheduling details, any needed instructional guidance for job assignments, correct procedures and applicable techniques to perform specific skills; ensure accuracy and completion
- Lead by providing purpose, direction, and motivation, while setting an example, soliciting feedback and being accountable for all the department does
- Identify process improvement and ensure operations are lean, efficient and effective
- Performs other related duties, as assigned, for the purpose of ensuring an efficient and effective work environment
- Knowledge of Department of Transportation (DOT) regulations and Code of Federal Regulations (CFR)
- Ability to marshal resources to get things done effectively and efficiently
- Ability to positively interact with a variety of individuals across the organization and external to the company
- Ability to effectively prepare, conduct, participate in and follow up on business meetings
- Familiarity with DOT and HAZMAT Transport regulations
- Ability to identify and mediate risks of transport
- Knowledge of the processes associated with the creation and maintenance of an inventory system, particularly MRP systems
- Knowledge of control and proper handling of flight inventory
- Knowledge of purchasing practices
- Knowledge of proper shipping and receiving practices
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Ability to make independent judgments with limited information
- Ability to troubleshoot and resolve problems
- Capable of developing clear and up to date procedural documentation
- High communication skills for relaying data (verbally and in-writing) between other employees and customers
- FAA Certificated Airframe and Powerplant license
Education and Experience:
· Bachelor’s degree in supply chain or other related field; 10+ years of professional supply chain experience will be considered in lieu of a degree
· 5+ years of program oversight experience
· $23 - $25 hourly based on expierence
· Willing to respond to emergencies to support priority projects, missions, and launches
· Ability to travel for short and extended trips as needed (up to 10% annually)
· Ability to perform job duties that require standing, kneeling, crouching, twisting upper body, working in cramped positions in small openings and climbing hand over hand
· Ability to lift heavy objects is required in this position (up to 25lbs unassisted)
· Typically exposed to work in extreme outdoor environments – wind, heat, cold, rain
· Work performed in an environment requiring exposure to fumes, odors, and noise
· Must be available to work extended hours and weekends as needed; flexibility is required
ASA provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.