Big Data Engineer (Bigdata, Spark, Cloud), corp-corp is also fine
- Los Angeles, Los Angeles, California, United States
Based out of Silicon Valley, our client leverages disruptive technology in data and digital to give clients competitive advantage. Our service model caters to clients in a slew of domains such as consulting, ideating, the art of the possible, rapid prototyping. Big Data Analytics and Digital Experiences such as IoT, Wearables, UX, Mobile,IP-led solutions and engineered software solutions. Our 2,500 odd employees serve more than 350 global clients, a significant number of whom are Fortune 500
Title : Big Data /Data Engineer
Location : Los Angeles, CA
Nature of employment : Full time permanent OR contract is also fine
Corp-Corp is also fine
MUST HAVE skillset: Big data, Spark, Cloud (AWS or Azure or any other cloud technologies, of 1 year experience in cloud)
Your Role Senior Technical Specialist
· A day in the Life of Senior Technical Specialist: You will partner closely with the clients to deliver state-of-the-art outcomes by engineering solutions.
· You will continue to expand your expertise in Data Science, Big Data, Analytics and Visualization tools techniques daily to enable incremental innovation in ongoing projects At all times, you will clearly articulate and communicate with a diverse set of internal and external customers with varying degrees of technical proficiency and deliver critical business and process related information to mitigate any risks or failures.
· You will persistently look for opportunities to address customer needs by being a thought partner in every moment of engagement
· For you to be successful, you must Build partnerships within and outside the team regardless of formal authority Dismantle personal knowledge and empower others by mentoring and fostering an environment of growth.
· Create value by anticipating and meeting needs of internal and external customers and delivering high-quality results and be accountable for outcomes.
· Open and flexible to accommodate and implement new ideas, understand business complexities, nurture innovation and challenge the status quo persistently.
· Grasp data that is available, pay attention to details and strive to be subject matter expert in chosen area of specialty through continuous learning and improvement.
Roles and responsibilities: (All skills are NOT mandatory, some are optional)
· You’ll bring this to the table Ability to work in ambiguous situations with unstructured problems and anticipate potential issues risks.
· Experience in handling complex information and presenting it in compelling narratives through business presentations for various audiences.
· Professional agility and strategic thinking.
· 7 years of IT experience, including experience in designing big data & cloud solution architecture that includes at least 1 years of experience in cloud technology (Azure or AWS) and spark (Mandatory) Hands on experience developing enterprise solutions using designing and building frameworks, enterprise patterns, database design and development.
· End to end Big data solution (Hortonworks).
· Batch solution (Sqoop, Hive, Oozie) Data Factory, HD).
· Distributed compute solution (spark).
· Functional solution (Azure Data Factory, HDInsight’s).
· Storage (Azure Data Lake Storage).
· NoSQL storage (HBase).
· languages (python)
· DWBI (MSBI, Oracle, SQL Server)
· Understand business requirements and provide architectural blueprints
· Recommend tools, technologies and processes to ensure high quality solutions
· Provide support in building RFP It would be exceptional, if you also have this End to end Cloud solution Azure Knowledge in setting up data lake solutions
Bigdata, Spark, Cloud
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.