Data Scientist (Forecasting experience needed)
- Redmond, Redmond, Washington, United States
Based out of Silicon Valley, our client leverages disruptive technology in data and digital to give clients competitive advantage. Our service model caters to clients in a slew of domains such as consulting, ideating, the art of the possible, rapid prototyping. Big Data Analytics and Digital Experiences such as IoT, Wearables, UX, Mobile,IP-led solutions and engineered software solutions. Our 2,500 odd employees serve more than 350 global clients, a significant number of whom are Fortune 500
Title : Data Scientist (Forecasting)
Location : Redmond, WA
Nature of employment : Full time permanent OR contract is also fine
- Apply statistical or machine learning knowledge to specific business problems and data.
- Supporting decision making by providing requirements to develop analytic capabilities, platforms, pipelines and metrics then using them to analyze trends and find root causes and forecast inaccuracies.
- Improve upon existing methodologies by deploying data sources, testing model enhancements, and fine-tuning model parameters.
- Build decision-making models and propose solutions for business problems.
- 5+ years of experience in data science.
- Experience in Demand Planning, Forecasting, and Time Series.
- Experience with statistical methodologies such as segmentation, multivariate analysis, discrete choice modeling, and/or experimental design.
- Solid foundation of statistical modeling and machine learning algorithms (classification, regression, clustering, etc) and experimental design ( A/B testing, etc.).
- Extensive experience working in prediction, forecasting and/or automation.
- Excellent quantitative modeling, statistical analysis, text mining, and data mining.
- Hands on experience in R and/or Python.
- Experience articulating business questions and using quantitate techniques to arrive at a solution using available data.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to effectively advocate technical solutions.
- Knowledge of at least one visualization tool – Power BI/Tableau.
- Work collaboratively with team as well as independently.
Data scientist, forecasting
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.