Social Media Manager
Advanced Sports Media Group is dedicated to the growth and celebration of college and high school-aged soccer and volleyball and amateur pickleball. We own and operate TopDrawerSoccer.com, PrepVolleyball.com – think ESPN.com for club/HS/college soccer and volleyball. Our pickleball brand, National Pickleball, owns and operates 20+ amateur-focused pickleball tournaments across the nation each year. We are fully-remote and nationally-distributed company (ie. you can work from wherever you want!).
About the Role
We are seeking a Social Media Manager to drive traffic and awareness to our brands through social media, specifically creating engaging video content for all relevant social platforms. This full-time position will require experience with social media, video creation (sourcing and editing), copyrighting, content promotion, and audience acquisition within the digital content space.
The person in this position will have wide latitude to set the direction and tone of our video on social media, with room to experiment and learn what works best for our audiences. You must be someone that thrives on autonomy and independence as you will become the subject matter expert on social media video for our company and set your own schedule
- Lead social video strategy, planning, development, and execution for all ASM brands, including daily posting, supporting editorial event coverage, community engagement, paid video campaigns, etc.
- Grow and nurture ASM’s TikTok and Instagram audiences, driving awareness (and website traffic, event registration, etc. where applicable) through original and user-generated video
- Post video and accompanying copy on social media platforms
- Support overall marketing execution and provide back-up when needed
- Moderate and leverage submitted user-generated content
- Monitor and interact daily with social comments and messages, responding to customer inquiries and concerns.
- Promote all ASM content to necessary digital and traditional media outlets using video
- Prospect and develop relationships with sport-specific celebrities/notable figures, new/existing media outlets, blogs, leagues, forums, etc.
- Curate and grow our media contact databases
- Collaborate cross-functionally with Sales, Content and Events teams to hit goals and add value to business development opportunities
Desired Skills and Experience
- 1+ years of professional social media experience or as a creator/influencer
- Ability to produce creative and fun video content – you need to be proficient in video editing, graphics creation, etc.
- Display a strong working knowledge of all social and new media platforms
- Knowledge of the digital content landscape and how to promote content
- Comfortable with ambiguity, experimenting, and working independently
- Detail-oriented approach and commitment to excellence across even the smallest tasks – everything matters!
- Familiarity with youth, high school, and collegiate sports
- Proficient in Google Suite
- Gifted, energetic communicator that can develop relationships and "own the room"
- Self-motivated, fast-paced, highly results-driven and extremely entrepreneurial
- Possible travel to events to capture content and support coverage
- Must love sports
- Compensation ($50,000 - $65,000) with annual bonus potential
- Opportunity to create projects that have an immediate and tangible impact on business performance
- Independence – We trust you will perform and give you the freedom to do so.
- Fully remote – Work from wherever you want!
- Flexible and generous PTO
- Monthly health insurance stipend – Depending on selected health coverage, stipend may/may not cover all monthly premiums
- New Apple computer and graphics/video software if needed
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.