Online Chat Advisor
- Department: Student Support
About Adtalem Global Education
Adtalem Global Education is a national leader in post-secondary education and leading provider of professional talent to the healthcare industry. Adtalem educates and empowers students with the knowledge and skills to become leaders in their communities and make a lasting impact on public health, well-being and beyond. Through equitable access to education, environments that nurture student success, and a focus on expanding and diversifying the talent pipeline in healthcare, Adtalem is building a brighter future for communities and the world.
Adtalem was named one of America’s Most Responsible Companies in 2021 and 2023 by Newsweek and Statista, and one of America’s Best Employers for Diversity in 2021 and 2022 by Forbes and Statista. Adtalem’s family of institutions has more than 300,000 alumni and 10,000 employees. Adtalem is the parent organization of American University of the Caribbean School of Medicine, Chamberlain University, Ross University School of Medicine, Ross University School of Veterinary Medicine and Walden University.
Visit Adtalem.com for more information, and follow on Twitter and LinkedIn.
Opportunity at a Glance
The primary purpose of this position is to service online chat generated requests from prospective students, current students, and handle any general chat questions regarding admissions, student services, student finance, academics, or registrar services, based on the information available in the institution's catalog. Route chats that require additional expertise to the appropriate resource in a prompt and efficient manner. Support MyCompass self- service enrollment to Day 1. This position is currently based on service excellence for Admission staff across multiple institutions, Online and Onsite. The intent is to grow and service all client partners that solicit the organizations customized services.
- Online chat advisor handles chat conversations with prospective students, answering front line admissions questions, providing pertinent and responsive feedback while representing all client partners’ unique brands and business needs.
- Handles any general chat inquiries regardless of modality online or onsite to provide specific answers or provide appropriate routing to correct department personnel throughout the university (including but not limited to My Compass chats, service, academic advising, technical support, etc.).
- Routes detailed chat inquiries to appropriate department personnel with special consideration for student finance questions to ensure best in class student service.
- Handles chat conversations with continuing students, answering specific student questions regarding registration, academics, classes, university catalog material, and providing pertinent and responsive feedback.
- Dispositioning inquires in Salesforce. Generating and documenting qualified inquiries and reassign to appropriate recipients.
- Complies with all policies and standards.
- Bachelor's Degree Preferred
- 1 year of admissions and/or student services experience.
- Familiarity with institutional catalogs.
- Subject matter expert in front line admissions policies.
- Ability to multitask several online chats at the same time with good typing and grammatical skills.
- Ability to communicate in a concise and friendly manner.
In support of the pay transparency laws enacted across the country, the expected salary range for this position is between $14.17 and $23.29. Actual pay will be adjusted based on job-related factors permitted by law, such as experience and training; geographic location; licensure and certifications; market factors; departmental budgets; and responsibility. Our Talent Acquisition Team will be happy to answer any questions you may have, and we look forward to learning more about your salary requirements. The position qualifies for the below benefits.
Adtalem offers a robust suite of benefits including:
- Health, dental, vision, life and disability insurance
- 401k Retirement Program + 6% employer match
- 15 Days of Paid Vacation Days each Calendar Year
- 12 Paid Holidays + 2 floating holidays
For more information related to our benefits please visit: https://careers.adtalem.com/benefits.
We are proud to be an EEO employer M/F/D/V. At Adtalem, we welcome everyone and have a strong commitment towards diversity and inclusion. We encourage our Colleagues to be their true authentic selves and support laws that prohibit discrimination everywhere we do business. We also maintain a drug-free workplace.