Construction Project Manager (Warehouse)
- Langhorne, PA, USA
Transportation brokerage company that focuses on providing logistics solutions nationwide. With operations in multiple states, we aim to offer the best possible options for our customers. We possesses an in-house asset based carrier, as well as manages relationships with more than 300 motor carriers nationwide.
Construction Project Manager Job Description
We are seeking an experienced Construction Project Manager to plan and oversee a warehouse/manufacturing plant construction project from beginning to end.
You will be hiring contractors and working with engineers and architects as needed, and keeping track of an inventory of equipment and materials.
The Construction Project Manager we are looking for will have previous experience in warehouse construction management projects and be knowledgeable of regulations and permits required.
The ideal applicant will be highly organized, with the ability to plan ahead and multitask in order to meet deadlines and keep projects under budget.
Construction Project Manager Job Responsibilities Include
- Oversee warehouse/manufacturing plant construction project from beginning to end
- Negotiate with external vendors on contract agreements
- Hire contractors and staff including construction laborers, coordinate with subcontractors, engineers, architects and key team members of the project team
- Manage project budget and estimate costs
- Set milestones for project progress and ensure all deadlines are met
- Handle any environmental or local government and community issues that may come up during the project, obtain al necessary permits for project
- Determine the necessary equipment, materials, and manpower needed
- Keep track of inventory, tools and equipment
- Ensure supplies and equipment are ordered and delivered according to schedule
- Prepare reports regarding job status
- Resolve any problems that may arise
- Ensure compliance with safety regulations and building codes
- Evaluate risks
- Train and mentor construction workers and construction laborers depending on the size of the project
- Obtain the appropriate permits and licenses from authorities for construction sites
- Plan construction operations
- Allocate and manage resources to ensure that they are available when they are needed throughout the construction projects
- Keep all stakeholders aware of the progress on projects and prepare progress reports regularly
- Conduct site checks to monitor progress and quality and safety standards
- BSc/BA degree in Architecture, Building Science, Engineering, Construction Management, or another related field
- PMP or an equivalent certification would be considered an asset
- Extensive previous work experience managing budgets for construction projects
- Excellent knowledge of construction materials and equipment, excellent knowledge of OSAH regulations, excellent knowledge of local construction, environment, community requirements, as well as applications for necessary permits
- Highly organized
- Previous work experience in construction management or another similar role
- working knowledge of MS Office Suite
- Understanding of construction management processes
- Able to plan ahead
- Familiar with construction and project management software programs
- Excellent knowledge of relevant rules and regulations as well as quality standards and human resources
- Conflict resolution and conflict management experience
- Excellent time management ability
- Able to multitask with a strong understanding of core manager duties
- Excellent communication skills and interpersonal abilities, including negotiation skills
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.