Senior Manager for Ever Reach Logistics (Chinese Mandarin Preferred)
- City of Industry, CA, USA
ERL is a transportation brokerage company that focuses on providing logistics solutions nationwide. With operations in multiple states, we aim to offer the best possible options for our customers. We possess an in-house asset-based carrier, as well as manages relationships with more than 300 motor carriers nationwide.
The Senior Manager serves as a primary contact for clients and carriers and mostly important to manage the team of ERL then report to upper management. This individual is responsible for carrier development with for-hire motor carriers and onboarding vetted capacity to ensure customer expectations are met and support account managers and provide mature guidance to each account manager. The Senior Manager will strengthen relationships, knowledge, and negotiation skills to secure the capacity needed within all territories from each account manager level. He or she will also provide excellent and consistent management skill, to increase 3PL growth and pursue additional new business opportunities including more carriers. This role will work and manage closely with all Account Managers and Representatives to ensure that our customer and company expectations are achieved.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Manage ERL team on a daily basis, including daily operations and business development on 3PL
• Interact with senior management for reporting
• Work with senior management and other peers for strategy development and execution planning
• Manage overall financial budgeting for ERL function
• Approve hiring and firing requests within ERL group
• Communicate financial and goal results and key performance indicators to direct reports
• Facilitate goal-level creation for the broader function and working with each account managers to ensure the goals cascade to all
• Collaborate with logistics team to understand customer needs and requirements, and create solutions for efficiencies and cost savings
• Practice a detailed understanding of the truckload industry, carrier strengths, equipment options, regulations, seasonality, and regional or nationwide market pricing
• Offer pricing Guidelines and market intelligence to all account managers, and internal logistics colleagues
• Constantly review carrier service levels to guarantee KPI’s are met
• Minimum of 10 to 15 years’ experience in multimodal logistics, with trucking brokerage experience strongly preferred and 3 to 5 years of managerial level position.
• Bachelor’s degree
• Chinese Mandarin Skills are highly preferred
• Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
• Detail oriented with strong organizational and problem-solving skills
• Capable of multi-tasking and managing duties simultaneously
• Ability to persuade, influences, and negotiate with others
• Works well in a team environment and collaborates with internal departments
• Maintains a positive attitude and stays motivated in a fast-paced work setting
Job Type: Full-time
Physical Demands/Working Conditions
• Work is performed primarily in an office environment under pressure and requires the ability to quickly adjust to changing priorities and demands
• While performing the duties of the job, the employee is frequently required to sit and use the keyboard
• Travel by various modes of private and commercial transportation within the region may be required
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.