Experienced Trucking HR Manager
- Long Beach, CA, USA
A Mid-Sized trucking company that operates in multiple states. We are hiring an HR Manager with ample experience in trucking industry that shares our value and would like to grow with the company as we expand our operation nation-wide.
Assist with the job posting process and administering pre-employment screening as directed by the Director of Logistics and Terminal Managers/Supervisors.
Initiate background checks, MVR record, drug/alcoholic and other necessary tests
Process paperwork for driver/staff on board, disciplinary records, termination, and exit interview
Administer driver recruiting bonus and safety/productivity incentive.
Manages and resolves complex employee relations issues; conducts effective, thorough and objective investigations; consults with Management to seek guidance when appropriate; works closely with management and employees to improve work relationships, build morale, and increase productivity and retention
Provides day-to-day performance management guidance to management (e.g., coaching, counseling, career development, disciplinary actions);
Responsible for the coordination and conduction of orientation programs for newly hired employees, process all Personnel Action Forms (PAF) in HRIS, and other necessary correspondence such as LOA, COBRA, unemployment, severance, reference, and benefit letters.
Ensure that all personnel records are maintained in accordance with company policy and state/federal laws; upload electronic files to HRIS as applicable; Secure sensitive and confidential matters like personnel files, employee relations, organizational changes, data and files.
Assist Safety Manager implement and manage safety policies and procedures in compliance with local, state and federal OSHA rules and regulations
Assist Safety Manager conducts investigations of accidents and injuries through employee interviews, equipment inspections and site inspections, carefully reviewing the integrity of personal protective equipment, materials and job-site specific gear.
Provides regular worksite safety training for all employees; provides training for hourly labor, foremen, supervisors and local managers in work site safety practices, fire prevention and correct handling techniques for toxins, equipment and other materials.
Assist company commercial insurance by provide necessary data for General Liability, Auto, Workers’ Compensation program;
Ensure all required records and reports are complete, accurate and correctly submitted to comply with all internal processes and comply with all local, state and federal regulations.
Assist fellow department with HR needs
Other duties assigned by Management Team
- BS/MS Degree in Business/HR/Organizational Development or equivalent.
- 5 years of progressive Human Resources experience
- Knowledge of employment law and regulatory compliance issues (deeper knowledge required for certain states, such as CA, IL, MD, etc.)
- Knowledge of DOT/OSHA Rules and Regulations
- Working knowledge of Labor Law compliance.
- Knowledge of the principles and practices of supply chain and logistics industry
- Knowledge of industry-related state and Federal rules and regulations
- Must possess a high level of honesty, integrity, and ethics
- Strong leadership, communication, interpersonal, and conflict resolution skills
- Ability to direct workforce planning, succession management, retention and employee engagement initiatives
- Ability to understand the business operations from a strategic and tactical perspective
- Must be a confident communicator, (including written, and verbal skills) and able to effectively champion ideas, influence, and present to leadership
- Ability to effectively manage multiple projects with competing priorities, diverse audiences and challenging environments
- Ability to travel as necessary
- Bilingual Hispanic preferred
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.