- Lagos, Nigeria
Our Client, a multinational FMCG company based in Lagos.
Job holder is responsible for the promotion of most effective and efficient use of company’s funds in the acquisition of goods and services through adequate costing in the importation of goods and services at the right quality at the right price on time.
- Develop and share with stakeholders a clear process map of shipping operations activities.
- Continuous management of the department by formulating strategies to project the department which is in line with the overall Supply Chain Strategy.
- Promotion of most effective and efficient use of company’s funds in the acquisition of goods and services through adequate costing in the importation of goods and services at the right quality at the right price on time
- Consistent update on import and clearing process and regulations in Nigeria, in line with approvals and prohibitions, duties and tariffs rates.
- Ensure goods are cleared at the port within the lead time to prevent out of stock situation at minimal cost and in line with the contract.
- Continually improve and maintain relationship with Customs, NAFDAC, SON, and other Governmental agencies..
- Management of 3rd Party Logistics service providers to ensure prompt deliveries of import and export shipments at minimum costs in line with the contractual agreement.
- Negotiation of shipping line concession charges on Freight and local charges to drive down cost, where necessary.
- Work closely with Inter-company trading companies for bulk import & export shipments coordination to ensure correct stock always in plant.
- Sound and in-depth knowledge of International trade - Import & Export practices across major continents.
- Coordinate the processing of all annual regulatory permits for the department
- Prepare weekly and monthly reports on shipping activities for management decisions.
- First degree in relevant field
- 5 to 8 years in Import role with exposure to supply chain management, strategic sourcing and optimal procurement processes and standards.
- Excellent knowledge of government Import requirements.
- Clear understanding of Import duties, taxation, documentation process and government requirements.
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Ability to communicate effectively/convincingly at all levels and with all functions at least in English
- Effective time management, planning and organization skills
- Ability to work with cross-functional teams and build relationships across multiple functions
- Excellent negotiation skills
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted by our client