Associate Creative Director (Art Direction)
- 320 1st St N, Jacksonville Beach, FL 32250, USA
Adjective & Co. is an award-winning branding and full-service advertising agency headquartered in Jacksonville Beach, Florida with satellite offices in New York. We specialize in brand strategy, branding and design, advertising, social media, and web design/development. Notable un-sucky clients include Gatorade, New York Islanders, THE PLAYERS, Whalebone Media, ICEMULE Coolers and St. Vincent’s Healthcare.
Us trapped in a bulleted nutshell:
- The Un-agency
- Awesome open office at the beach overlooking the ocean
- Ad Age’s 2018 "Small Agency of the Year" Southeast, Gold
- Inc. Magazine's "Top 50 Best Workplaces in the U.S." 2017, 2018
- We only work with clients that "don't suck"
- Kick-ass client list
- Not on Facebook
- Flexible work schedule
- Atmosphere of pure energy
- Love coming to work. Hate leaving.
- Amazing, collaborative team environment (lots of work, but lots of fun)
- Award-winning creative
- Part-time underground fight club on the roof
- Always expect the best
- Out to take over the world
Concepting, branding, design and everything else in the creative realm
Work in every media (print, social, outdoor, tv/video, etc.)
Develop creative, innovative, results-driven social media campaigns from concept to production
Managing creative team members and creative/design interns
Creative presentations (so must have amazing presentation skills)
Make clients love you
Assisting in the digital realm and social media
Working with various vendors as needed (photographers, animators, merch/apparel vendors, etc.)
Crushing everything you do
** IMPORTANT NOTE ** YOU MUST HAVE A MINIMUM OF 5 YEARS EXPERIENCE AT A GREAT DESIGN/ADVERTISING AGENCY, AND HAVE A KILLER ONLINE PORTFOLIO, AND SUBMIT A LINK.
Graduate of a design program and/or creative portfolio school (preferred)
Adobe Creative Suite Ninja
Love typography and color theory
Crazy skills in concepting big ideas, campaigns, execution, digital and traditional deliverables
Have managed people before
Excellent written and verbal communications skills
Can do your own tricks - design, art direct, logos, you name it
Delegate tactical assignments, manage a small team and accurately judge and edit the work of others
** REMINDER: YOU MUST HAVE A MINIMUM OF 5 YEARS EXPERIENCE AT A GREAT DESIGN/ADVERTISING AGENCY, AND HAVE A KILLER ONLINE PORTFOLIO, AND SUBMIT A LINK.
- Have a well-designed resume with NO typos
- Provide a portfolio link and social handles
- Do your research on Adjective and the team
- Get on your A-game face
THE MAD PERKS
The Adjective Unlimited Creativity & Freedom Plan™
- Vacation Un-Policy: We have a very flexible vacation program—Take vacation days when you go on vacation. Take sick days when you are sick. We only hire people we trust will do their job, and do it well, so take time when you want, and when you need.
- Holidays: Yep, those too. Two weeks off during the holidays/New Year, and all major holidays.
- Healthcare: We offer health insurance and a dental plan through United Healthcare.
- Retirement Plan: After one year of full-time employment, you’ll be eligible for our SIMPLE retirement plan. Information will be provided once you are eligible.
- Flexible Work Schedule: We understand the need for flexibility. work when, where and how it’s best for you. As long as your work is stellar and your clients and the team are thrilled, do whatever is best for you. Again, we trust our team.
At Adjective, we only work with people who don’t suck—an amazing team working with amazing clients in a creative, collaborative and unique way. We believe in doing more with less, getting scrappy when needed, and outthinking vs. outspending the competition. We avoid "corporate talk," layers and gimmicks, and thrive off of rethinking and creating new, agile ideas that can do what bigger agencies just can’t do. We work smarter and harder, and we just care more than the average agency. We give our team lots of freedom and flexibility, but it comes with responsibility. We take our job seriously, but not ourselves; of fun along the way with a weird group of awesome and uber-talented superhumans.