- 320 1st St N, Jacksonville Beach, FL 32250, USA
Adjective & Co. is an award-winning branding and full-service advertising agency headquartered in Jacksonville Beach, Florida with satellite offices in New York. We specialize in brand strategy, branding and design, advertising, social media, and web design/development. Our “un-agency” is one of the most awarded agencies in the southeast and was recently named “Small Agency of the Year” by Ad Age and “Top 50 Best Workplaces in the Nation” two years in a row by Inc. Magazine. Notable un-sucky clients include the Gatorade, New York Islanders, THE PLAYERS, Whalebone Media, ICEMULE Coolers and St. Vincent’s Healthcare.
At Adjective, we only work with people who don’t suck—an amazing team working with amazing clients in a creative, collaborative and unique way. We believe in doing more with less, getting scrappy when needed, and outthinking vs. outspending the competition. We avoid "corporate talk," layers and gimmicks, and thrive off of rethinking and creating new, agile ideas that can do what bigger agencies just can’t do. We work smarter and harder, and we just care more than the average agency. We give our team lots of freedom and flexibility, but it comes with responsibility. We take our job seriously, but not ourselves; of fun along the way with a weird group of awesome and uber-talented superhumans.
- The Un-agency
- Awesome open office at the beach overlooking the ocean
- Ad Age’s 2018 "Small Agency of the Year" Southeast Gold
- Inc. Magazine's "Top 50 Best Workplaces in the U.S." 2017, 2018
- We only work with clients that "don't suck"
- Kick-ass client list
- Not on Facebook
- Flexible work schedule
- Atmosphere of pure energy
- Love coming to work. Hate leaving.
- Amazing, collaborative team environment (lots of work, but lots of fun)
- Award-winning creative
- Part-time underground fight club on the roof
- Always expect the best
- Out to take over the world
Adjective & Co. is looking for a badass Copywriter who will enhance our clients' brands and build a strong, consistent voice across all media. As said Copywriter, you will work with our stellar team in a fun, fast-paced, highly creative environment. You will conceive, develop and produce exceptional copy and creative for a wide range of clients, projects, and media. You will crush your job!
Your Day-to Day
- Create killer concepts and copy for print, digital, social, blogs, broadcast, etc.
- Keep up-to-date with popular culture and trends
- Responsible for all projects assigned to them
- Assist with all facets of radio and broadcast production
- Execute excellence in everything from concept to completion
- Take a brief and solve client problem creatively and effectively
- Generate concepts that meet (and exceed) agency and client standards
- Think past a brief and to deliver beyond client expectations
- Think in larger, brand-building campaign platforms across all media
- Create workable, sellable solutions on all projects
- Present concepts internally and directly to the client
- Work on several projects at once
- Write everything from print ads to TV/video scripts to blogs
- Occasional travel may be needed
- Graduate of a creative/advertising portfolio program and/or BA in English, Journalism, Communications, or equivalent
- Strong and impressive portfolio of work that shows experience and abilities in print, digital, radio, and broadcast, social platforms
- 4+ years of advertising copywriting experience is required
- High level of craftsmanship and attention to detail in copy and art
- Experience working in a variety of media
- Comprehensive knowledge of digital landscape
- Proven ability to manage multiple clients and their projects
- Polished presentation skills ideal
- Ability to multitask between responsibilities
- Excellent communication skills — written and verbal
- Brand understanding from a strategic and creative level
- Excellent time management and organizational abilities
- Strong interpersonal skills and positive attitude
- Experience in web, mobile, social and emerging platforms
- Knowledge of both AP and Chicago preferred
- Team player
- Don’t suck!
- Have a keen eye for art, photography and design
- Eat, sleep and breathe writing
- Accountable and trustworthy
- Outstanding proofing skills/styles
- Grammar, spelling and punctuation freak
- Proactive, self-motivated and self-starter
- Student of advertising and of our clients' businesses
- Respectful, courteous and receptive to instruction and critical feedback
- Willingness to take chances, to be fearless. Go big or go home.
- Accountable, dependable, go-to person: can be handed a project and expected to deliver
- Confident: able to present to clients if needed
- Clear, witty and clever communicator in voice and print
- Can write in a variety of voices and tones — humorous, straight-forward, emotional, etc.
- Excellent time management, multiple projects delivered on time
- Are able to work on multiple projects simultaneously and effectively juggle diverse writing demands
- Extraordinary communication skills and meticulous eye for detail
- Bring positive energy to everything you create and everyone you meet
- Must have a killer online portfolio and submit URL
- Have a well-designed resume with no typos
- Provide social handles
- Do your research on Adjective and the team
- Get on your A-game
Full-time positions include the Adjective Unlimited Creativity & Freedom Plan™
- Vacation Un-Policy: We have a very flexible vacation program—Take vacation days when you go on vacation. Take sick days when you are sick. We only hire people we trust will do their job, and do it well, so take time when you want, and when you need.
- Holidays: Yes, those too. Two weeks off during the holidays/New Year, and all major holidays.
- Healthcare: We offer health insurance and a dental plan through United Healthcare.
- Retirement Plan: After one year of full-time employment, you’ll be eligible for our SIMPLE retirement plan. Information will be provided once you are eligible.
- Flexible Work Schedule: We understand the need for flexibility. work when, where and how it’s best for you. As long as your work is stellar and your clients and the team are thrilled, do whatever is best for you. Again, we trust our team.