PR Account Executive
- 1101 15th St NW, Washington, DC 20005, USA
Adfero is a communications agency with an entrepreneurial mindset. We turn challenges into opportunities and relentlessly pursue success for our clients, creating remarkable work with lasting impact.
As a full-service communications agency, Adfero partners with a range of organizations from trade associations and the U.S. government to Fortune 500 companies and non-profits. Our imaginative ideas have been recognized by industry peers and awards panels.
At Adfero, our Core Purpose is to create opportunities for people to do what they do best, and we’re excited to offer those opportunities as we continue to grow. We also invest a lot in individual professional development to help employees build on their skills and make meaningful contributions to their work. Adfero is committed to having high-performing client teams, and our team members share common attributes: We are optimistic, imaginative, persistent and results-oriented. Ultimately, we live by our Core Values and hold each other accountable to them.
We’re an extremely collaborative environment. That’s one of the things people love most about working here. Whether it’s working on projects together or participating in social events, we enjoy coming to work and learning from each other. We have a 100% open office so that we can more easily collaborate. Our employees like the many areas in the office where teams can congregate, brainstorm and work together, or just put their feet up and get things done more comfortably.
Adfero is seeking a full-time Account Executive who is an excellent writer and passionate about creative problem solving to join our growing, ambitious firm. In this role, you will work with multiple account teams on a variety of communications efforts including public affairs and media relations, social media and advertising initiatives. We seek highly creative and strategic individuals who are collaborative, ambitious and dependable.
The job itself: You will manage various projects and will collaborate closely with team members to develop cohesive communications strategies and execute across various tactics. You will work collaboratively with our in-house creative and digital teams with video, web and related projects. We’re looking for an innovative and driven communications professional that is looking to be a well-rounded strategist.
- Apply strong, persuasive writing skills and strategic thinking to write targeted content marketing materials and pull together information for executive-level consumption
- Use client counseling skills to communicate directly with teammates and clients
- Demonstrate project management skills to manage large and complex projects including establishing and maintaining timelines and ensuring quality assurance of all client deliverables
- Stay up to date on current events and issues related to our clients' policy initiatives and proactively educate the team
- Act as a strategic partner and tactical leader to help accomplish our clients' goals
- Assist team members with identifying value-add opportunities within existing client engagements
- Contribute regularly to team communications plans, client correspondence and reporting
- One to two years of communications experience, preferably in an agency setting
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, public relations, journalism or a related discipline
- Excellent writing, research, analysis and editing skills
- Strong organizational skills and thorough attention to detail
- Excellent presentation, interpersonal and communication skills
- The ability to adapt quickly to changing priorities and issues
- The ability to thrive in a collaborative environment while independently managing projects
- Initiative with a commitment to continuous learning and improvement
- A passion for our Core Values:
- Harambee. We all pull together.
- Learn from mistakes. Strive to improve.
- Be responsible for results.
- Respect the dignity of every person and the abilities of each individual.
Some of What We Offer:
- Great culture: From a quarterly mentorship program to various social events, we care about our people and about learning, growing
- Interesting client work with growth opportunities.
- Bonus plan.
- Competitive benefits with a 401k match, 100% immediate vesting.
- Employee development-focused environment and a professional development budget for each employee/year.
- 12 vacation days in first year, 15 days in 2+ years, 5 sick days.
- Formal quarterly review sessions, weekly one-on-one meetings and daily stand-ups.