Bookkeeper / Accounting Associate
- 1101 15th St NW, Washington, DC 20005, USA
Adfero is a communications agency with an entrepreneurial mindset. We turn challenges into opportunities and relentlessly pursue success for our clients, creating remarkable work with lasting impact.
As a full-service communications agency, Adfero partners with a range of organizations from trade associations and the U.S. government to Fortune 500 companies and non-profits. Our imaginative ideas have been recognized by industry peers and awards panels.
At Adfero, our Core Purpose is to create opportunities for people to do what they do best, and we’re excited to offer those opportunities as we continue to grow. We also invest a lot in individual professional development to help employees build on their skills and make meaningful contributions to their work. Adfero is committed to having high-performing client teams, and our team members share common attributes: We are optimistic, imaginative, persistent and results-oriented. Ultimately, we live by our Core Values and hold each other accountable to them.
We’re an extremely collaborative environment. That’s one of the things people love most about working here. Whether it’s working on projects together or participating in social events, we enjoy coming to work and learning from each other. We have a 100% open office so that we can more easily collaborate. Our employees like the many areas in the office where teams can congregate, brainstorm and work together, or just put their feet up and get things done more comfortably.
Our organization seeks a bookkeeper/accounting associate with a commitment to excellence and attention to detail. This position will work with our Controller and will be responsible for day-to-day accounting, such as processing invoices, payments and deposits, payroll and benefits management, posting journal entries, financial and HR record keeping. This position will also assist with preparation of financial statements and various reporting.
The accountant is a shared resource between two independent companies (same ownership). One company is a professional services agency providing strategic communications services to corporations, non-profits / trade associations and the federal government. The second company provides software solutions to congressional offices. Both companies are located in separate offices in downtown DC.
- Provide scheduled monthly and weekly accounting support
- Accounts Payable - enter and process bills; allocate expenses to proper accounts
- Accounts Receivable - create and send invoices to clients; track monthly collections
- Enter monthly journal entries and assist with month close procedures
- Prepare and process monthly expense reports
- Conduct bank & credit card reconciliations
- Conduct account reconciliations
- Maintain accounting filing system
- Maintain multiple client accounts utilizing QuickBooks
- Monitor employees SmarTrip accounts and other benefits.
- Provide support with other ad-hoc projects
Qualifications and Skills:
- A degree / course work / certification in accounting or a related field is a plus
- Must have advanced QuickBooks experience.
- Experience with MS Dynamics SL is a plus
- Must have advanced Excel experience.
- Experience with multiple general ledgers is a plus
- Are a self-starter, eager to learn.
- Able to multi-task, prioritize work and meet deadlines
- High emotional intelligence competencies
- Able to work independently and take initiative
Some of What We Offer:
- Great culture: From a quarterly mentorship program to various social events, we care about our people and about learning, growing
- Interesting client work with growth opportunities.
- Bonus plan.
- Competitive benefits with a 401k match, 100% immediate vesting.
- Employee development-focused environment and a professional development budget for each employee/year.
- 12 vacation days in first year, 15 days in 2+ years, 5 sick days.
- Formal quarterly review sessions, weekly one-on-one meetings and daily stand-ups.