PR/Communications College Internship - Summer 2019
- 1101 15th St NW, Washington, DC 20005, USA
Adfero is a communications agency with an entrepreneurial mindset. We turn challenges into opportunities and relentlessly pursue success for our clients, creating remarkable work with lasting impact.
As a full-service communications agency, Adfero partners with a range of organizations from trade associations and the U.S. government to Fortune 500 companies and non-profits. Our imaginative ideas have been recognized by industry peers and awards panels. We were also included on the INC. 5000 list of ‘Fastest-Growing Companies’ for four years in a row and named a ‘Best Place to Work in PR’ by PR News.
At Adfero, our core purpose is to create opportunities for people to do what they do best, and we’re excited to offer those opportunities to interns as we continue to grow. We also invest in individual professional development to help employees and interns build on their skills. Adfero’s team members share common attributes: we are optimistic, imaginative, persistent and results-oriented. Ultimately, we live by our core values and hold each other accountable to them.
We’re an extremely collaborative environment. That’s one of the things people love most about interning and working here. Whether it’s working on projects together or participating in social events, we enjoy coming to the office and learning from each other.
We are currently looking for ambitious and curious interns who are available to join our fast-paced and energetic team during the Summer of 2019. Our internship program is designed to provide students with a comprehensive curriculum of the communications industry. Interns will gain first-hand exposure to our account teams, receive ongoing one-on-one mentoring and have access to professional and industry skills development from our leadership team. Interns will have the opportunity to learn and practice social media engagement, media relations, digital advertising, content strategy development, creative and interactive, crisis and reputation management, research and analytics and more.
We look for interns who can commit to 2 months with our firm and are available part-time for trainings and industry learning sessions. The internship program is non-paid with flexible hours to reflect the need of college credit requirements or other work accommodations. We are open to discussing, and whenever possible accommodating, requirements set in place by your university to qualify for college credits.
We’re looking for someone who is:
- REQUIRED: A currently enrolled undergraduate student with a demonstrated interest in communications, marketing and/or public affairs (Communications, PR, journalism, English or related majors preferred)
- Preferably able to receive academic credit from their college or university prior to starting internship
- Able to work part-time (15-20 hours a week; flexible schedule to be determined)
- A strong writer with interpersonal communications skills
- Collaborative, organized and professional
- Willing and eager to learn from professional trainings and a defined curriculum
- An Adfero culture fit: strategic, creative, ambitious, dependable and team-oriented with no ego
- In alignment with our core values:
- Harambee. We all pull together.
- Learn from mistakes. Strive to improve.
- Be responsible for results.
- Respect the dignity and abilities of each individual.
Thank you for your interest in our college internship program for the summer of 2019.
Adfero is an equal opportunity employer.