PR Senior Account Executive
- 1101 15th St NW, Washington, DC 20005, USA
Adfero is a communications agency with an entrepreneurial mindset. We turn challenges into opportunities and relentlessly pursue success for our clients, creating remarkable work with lasting impact.
As a full-service communications agency, Adfero partners with a range of organizations from trade associations and the U.S. government to Fortune 500 companies and non-profits. Our imaginative ideas have been recognized by industry peers and awards panels. We were also included on the INC. 5000 list of ‘Fastest-Growing Companies’ for four years in a row and named a ‘Best Place to Work in PR’ by PR News.
Adfero is seeking a full-time Senior Account Executive to be responsible for implementing a strategic communications plan for a large, high-profile federal client. In this role, you will work with a team on a variety of communications efforts including public affairs and media relations initiatives. We seek highly creative and strategic individuals who are collaborative, ambitious and dependable.
The job itself: You will manage various projects and will collaborate closely with team members to develop cohesive communications strategies and execute across various tactics. You’ll work collaboratively with our in-house creative and digital teams with video, web and related projects. We’re looking for an innovative and driven communications professional that is looking to be a well-rounded strategist.
Our culture is extremely collaborative, growing organization focused on our Core Values and on learning. Whether it’s working on projects together or participating in social events, we enjoy coming to work and consistently finding ways to grow professionally.
- Apply strong, persuasive writing skills and strategic thinking to write targeted content marketing materials and pull together information for executive-level consumption
- Use client counseling skills to communicate directly with teammates and clients
- Demonstrate project management skills to manage large and complex projects including establishing and maintaining timelines and ensuring quality assurance of all client deliverables
- Stay up-to-date on current events and issues related to our clients' policy initiatives and proactively educate the team
- Act as a strategic partner and tactical leader to help accomplish our clients' goals
- Assist team members with identifying value-add opportunities within existing client engagements
- Contribute regularly to team communications plans, client correspondence and reporting
We’re looking for someone who has:
- 3+ years of experience in public relations, advertising or public affairs
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Public Relations, or a related discipline
- Agency experience is a plus
- The ability to quickly adapt to changing priorities and issues
- Solid research, analysis, and editing skills
- The ability to understand and explain complex policy issues
- Demonstrated experience working on large and multi-faceted projects
- Excellent presentation, interpersonal and written communication skills
- Solid organizational skills, with proven ability to manage deadlines
- Initiative, with a commitment to continuous learning and improving strategic communications skills
- Eagerness to grow as a leader
- The ability to thrive in a collaborative environment while independently managing projects
- A passion for our Core Values:
- Harambee. We all pull together.
- Learn from mistakes. Strive to improve.
- Be responsible for results.
- Respect the dignity of every person and the abilities of each individual.
SOME OF WHAT WE OFFER
- Great culture from a quarterly Mentorship program to various social events, we care about learning, growing & having fun
- Interesting client work with growth opportunities
- Employee development-focused environment with a professional development budget for each employee/year
- Informal quarterly reviews and more formal annual reviews
- Competitive benefits with up to a 4% retirement savings match, 100% immediate vesting
- 12 vacation days in 1st year, 15 days in 2-3 years, 20 days in 4+ years; 5 sick days
- Data reimbursement plan
Adfero is an equal opportunity employer.