- 1101 15th St NW, Washington, DC 20005, USA
Adfero is a communications agency with an entrepreneurial mindset. We turn challenges into opportunities and relentlessly pursue success for our clients, creating remarkable work with lasting impact.
As a full-service communications agency, Adfero partners with a range of organizations from trade associations and the U.S. government to Fortune 500 companies and non-profits. Our imaginative ideas have been recognized by industry peers and awards panels. We were also included on the INC. 5000 list of ‘Fastest-Growing Companies’ for four years in a row and named a ‘Best Place to Work in PR’ by PR News.
Adfero, a DC communications firm, is seeking a full-time Staff Accountant who has transactional responsibilities, provides analysis needed to grow the company and puts in scalable systems & processes as the company grows. This person is responsible for managing all accounting and financial procedures, financial planning, budgets, forecasting and resource allocation. Within Adfero’s fast-paced and collaborative team environment, you would be responsible for developing and implementing strategic growth and risk management plans as well. The ideal candidate has come from a smaller sized company, helped it grow and has had experience with putting in place / updating / evolving systems & processes that a company needs in its growth journey. The ideal candidate also has experience in a professional services environment. This is a perfect opportunity for a smart Staff Accountant looking to grow in their career.
About Us & the Job
Outcomes for the Role: You’ll work closely with the CEO and report to the COO to ensure the financial health of the company. You will be forward-thinking assisting with creating scalable solutions and collaborating on strategic financial decisions geared toward the growth of the company. This role is a shared resource with a small software company.
Our company: It’s an exciting time to be part of what’s happening here as we experience growth in a variety of areas. By contributing to our firm in a number of ways, you will impact how the firm shapes as we grow. The number one thing we’re looking for is someone who is collaborative and believes in the team over individual accomplishments. We also look for ambitious, strategic, creative and dependable people, who are hungry to prove themselves and who are thrilled to be in an ambitious agency where they are excited about our culture and our growth!
Our environment: We’re an extremely collaborative environment. That’s one of the things people love most about working here. Whether it’s working on projects together or participating in social events, we enjoy coming to work and being around each other. We like to always be learning from the talent around us and have fun while we’re growing too.
- Financial Planning – Manage company financial planning, debt financing, and budget management functions.
- Accounting / Financial Procedures Management – Manage company accounting and financial reporting procedures. Establish company-wide financial objectives, policies, programs, and practices. Manage and supervise all fiscal activities: audits, AP, A/R, general ledger, revenue and payroll.
- Budgeting, Forecasting and Resource Allocation – Manage company cash flow and profit forecasting. Set company budgets. Design processes and controls for budget improvement and implementation. Use forecasting for proper resource management and allocation.
- Processes - Work to improve business processes in all aspects of the company. Create and implement best practices. Assess and update systems and processes for growth.
- Reports - Create, maintain and improve financial reports.
- Strategic Growth – Work with CEO and COO to create and support strategic plan to ensure the continued growth and profitability of the company. Act as a thought leader on key strategic issues. Participate and lead strategic planning processes for the firm.
- Risk Management – Design, implement and oversee processes, policies and procedures to identify and manage financial, operational and strategic risks to company.
- Leadership – Recruit, train, supervise and oversee professional development of accounting team.
- Employee Benefit/Compensation and Incentive Management – Oversee the administration of employee benefits, compensation and incentives.
We’re looking for someone who has:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or Finance
- 5 years experience in an accounting position
- Master’s degree (MBA, Finance) a plus
- Certified Public Accountant a plus
- Knowledge of QuickBooks Desktop
- Knowledge of Microsoft Dynamics SL a plus
- Advanced Excel skills
- A customer-service focused attitude (thinks of employees as our clients)
- The ability to thrive in a collaborative environment while independently managing projects
- Creative in problem-solving
- Strategic with the approach to think big picture
- High level of integrity and dependability with a strong sense of urgency and results-oriented
- Initiative, with a commitment to continuous learning and improving
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong communication skills
- A passion for our Core Values:
- Harambee. We all pull together.
- Learn from mistakes. Strive to improve.
- Be responsible for results.
- Respect the dignity and abilities of each individual.
We’d love to hear from you!
Some of What We Offer
- A collaborative, flat culture based on our Core Values where contributing in creative & strategic ways is valued more than years of experience
- Work alongside ambitious team members
- Interesting client work with growth opportunities
- An emphasis on a learning culture that offers its employees an Adfero U program, professional development budget for each employee/year, formal Quarterly Review Sessions and a Mentorship program
- Bonus Plan
- Competitive benefits with a 3% retirement savings match, 100% immediate vesting
- 12 vacation days in 1st year, 15 days in 2+ years, 20 days in 4+ years, 5 sick days
- Data reimbursement plan
We would love to hear a bit about your background in these key areas: 1) working in a smaller organization and playing a hands-on role, 2) being part of an organization that grew and some of the processes/systems you have seen be put in a place as a result of growth 3) your experience in a billable/professional services environment and 4) your ability to work in a flat and collaborative culture.
Adfero is an equal opportunity employer.