Search Marketing Specialist / SEM Manager
- 1101 15th St NW, Washington, DC 20005, USA
Adfero is a communications agency with an entrepreneurial mindset. We turn challenges into opportunities and relentlessly pursue success for our clients, creating remarkable work with lasting impact.
As a full-service communications agency, Adfero partners with a range of organizations from trade associations and the U.S. government to Fortune 500 companies and non-profits. Our imaginative ideas have been recognized by industry peers and awards panels.
At Adfero, our Core Purpose is to create opportunities for people to do what they do best, and we’re excited to offer those opportunities as we continue to grow. We also invest a lot in individual professional development to help employees build on their skills and make meaningful contributions to their work. Adfero is committed to having high-performing client teams, and our team members share common attributes: We are optimistic, imaginative, persistent and results-oriented. Ultimately, we live by our Core Values and hold each other accountable to them.
We’re an extremely collaborative environment. That’s one of the things people love most about working here. Whether it’s working on projects together or participating in social events, we enjoy coming to work and learning from each other. We have a 100% open office so that we can more easily collaborate. Our employees like the many areas in the office where teams can congregate, brainstorm and work together, or just put their feet up and get things done more comfortably.
Adfero seeks a full-time Search Marketing Specialist to join our strategic communications team for a high-profile advocacy client. This individual should have hands-on experiencing setting up, managing, and optimizing search advertising campaigns (Google) and counseling clients or stakeholders on search strategy and recommendations.
You'll use your experience in search marketing to manage large and interconnected search buys to influence reputation and advocacy campaigns among specific key audiences. You will work directly with agency teammates and the client to conduct keyword research, draft search ad copy, develop search strategies, manage spends, optimize campaigns, and report on performance and offer insights and recommendations for improvement.
In addition to search-specific expertise, you understand the role of search in larger advertising campaigns (advocacy and reputation campaigns a plus). You are excited following the latest trends, technologies, practices, and methods to find new approaches to solving client challenges.
- 2-4 years of proven SEM and Google Analytics experience
- Experience managing a +$1,000,000 search campaign
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, public relations, journalism or a related discipline
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Strong organizational skills and thorough attention to detail
- Excellent presentation, interpersonal and communication skills
- The ability to adapt quickly to changing priorities and issues
- The ability to thrive in a collaborative environment while independently managing projects
- Initiative with a commitment to continuous learning and improvement
Some of What We Offer:
- Great culture: From a quarterly mentorship program to various social events, we care about our people and about learning, growing
- Interesting client work with growth opportunities.
- Bonus plan.
- Competitive benefits with a 401k match, 100% immediate vesting.
- Employee development-focused environment and a professional development budget for each employee/year.
- 12 vacation days in first year, 15 days in 2+ years, 5 sick days.
- Formal quarterly review sessions, weekly one-on-one meetings and daily stand-ups.