Director of Interactive Services
- 1101 15th St NW, Washington, DC 20005, USA
Adfero is a communications agency with an entrepreneurial mindset. We turn challenges into opportunities and relentlessly pursue success for our clients, creating remarkable work with lasting impact.
As a full-service communications agency, Adfero partners with a range of organizations from trade associations and the U.S. government to Fortune 500 companies and non-profits. Our imaginative ideas have been recognized by industry peers and awards panels.
At Adfero, our Core Purpose is to create opportunities for people to do what they do best, and we’re excited to offer those opportunities as we continue to grow. We also invest a lot in individual professional development to help employees build on their skills and make meaningful contributions to their work. Adfero is committed to having high-performing client teams, and our team members share common attributes: We are optimistic, imaginative, persistent and results-oriented. Ultimately, we live by our Core Values and hold each other accountable to them.
We’re an extremely collaborative environment. That’s one of the things people love most about working here. Whether it’s working on projects together or participating in social events, we enjoy coming to work and learning from each other. We have a 100% open office so that we can more easily collaborate. Our employees like the many areas in the office where teams can congregate, brainstorm and work together, or just put their feet up and get things done more comfortably.
Adfero is seeking a full-time Director of Interactive Services to join our growing, ambitious firm. Within the fast-paced and collaborative team environment, your primary responsibility will be to lead, manage and grow a team of talented developers, project managers and quality assurance testers. With you as the leader of this team you will keep Adfero on the cutting edge of interactive experiences. You are passionate about problem solving, love technology, communicate exceptionally, think strategically, and act as a proactive, detail-oriented team player.
The job itself: You will be working closely with the interactive team to lead our interactive strategy and execution. This role will expose you to nearly every client team, as well as form a close working relationship with the creative team, especially the Creative Director. You will not only be a domain expert, but a tireless advocate to push the team forward, and a hands-on manager to help your team grow and excel.Responsibilities
- Lead and manage Adfero’s interactive team, which is responsible for website development, application development, SEO, quality assurance, project management and systems management.
- Set best practices and standards for documentation, training and overall development for the company.
- Be the voice of interactive possibility within the company and outwardly to Adfero clients and potential clients. You’re an evangelist when it comes to how technology can solve communications challenges.
- Provide regular strategic guidance to all client teams.
- Provide mentorship and leadership in coding and development.
- Regularly explore and pursue new digital ideas, testing small and measuring success.
- Work with client teams to ensure adherence to budget, timeline and scope of work.
We’re looking for someone who has:
- 7+ years of professional experience
- Experienced in CMS (Drupal, WordPress) development and full-stack hosting environments
- Hands-on experience as a developer
- Bachelor's degree. A related discipline is a plus, but experience counts just as much.
- A desire to solve challenging problems
- Proven ability to take interactive products from conception to delivery
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize multiple simultaneous deadlines and schedules
- Experience developing or designing marketing technology integrations is a plus
- Solid presentation, interpersonal and written communication skills
- Team player with the ability to both collaborate and work independently on projects
- Initiative, with a commitment to continuous learning and improving
- The ability to pass security clearance
- A passion for our Core Values
Some of What We Offer:
- Great culture: From a quarterly mentorship program to various social events, we care about our people and about learning, growing
- Interesting client work with growth opportunities.
- Bonus plan.
- Competitive benefits with a 401k match, 100% immediate vesting.
- Employee development-focused environment and a professional development budget for each employee/year.
- 12 vacation days in first year, 15 days in 2+ years, 5 sick days.
- Formal quarterly review sessions, weekly one-on-one meetings and daily stand-ups.