PR/Communications Account Supervisor - Public Sector
- 1101 15th St NW, Washington, DC 20005, USA
Adfero is a communications agency with an entrepreneurial mindset. We turn challenges into opportunities and relentlessly pursue success for our clients, creating remarkable work with lasting impact.
As a full-service communications agency, Adfero partners with a range of organizations from trade associations and the U.S. government to Fortune 500 companies and non-profits. Our imaginative ideas have been recognized by industry peers and awards panels. We were also included on the INC. 5000 list of ‘Fastest-Growing Companies’ for four years in a row and named a ‘Best Place to Work in PR’ by PR News.
Adfero seeks a full-time Account Supervisor (AS) who is passionate about strategic communications and has exceptional client service skills. The AS will be responsible for leading and collaborating with other team members to develop communication strategies and project plans as well as manage the team’s content strategy and monthly deliverables for a high-profile government client. The AS will work primarily on-site with the client as part of a larger team.
ABOUT THE JOB
You’ll lead the team’s strategic communications planning and provide the client with strategic counsel on internal and external messaging related to national security and higher education.
You’ll use your ability to understand complex issues and transform them into clear messaging (i.e. talking points, briefing papers, scripts for public officials) for various audiences. And you’ll contribute in a variety of ways to special assignments and projects including script writing, and meeting and event planning.
Exercising your strategic planning skills, you’ll create and implement communications campaigns and initiatives to help reach our client’s annual goals. You’ll also conduct media monitoring and analysis, as well as create briefing materials and presentations for senior management. Your strong attention to detail, seasoned client service skills and experience managing multiple projects at once make you the perfect candidate for the role.
At Adfero, our Core Purpose is to create opportunities for people to do what they do best, and we’re excited to offer those opportunities as we continue to grow. We also invest a lot in individual professional development to help employees build on their skills and make meaningful contributions to their work. Adfero is committed to having high-performing client teams, and our team members share common attributes: We are optimistic, imaginative, persistent and results-oriented. Ultimately, we live by our Core Values and hold each other accountable to them.
We’re an extremely collaborative environment. That’s one of the things people love most about working here. Whether it’s working on projects together or participating in social events, we enjoy coming to work and learning from each other. We have a 100% open office so that we can more easily collaborate. Our employees like the many areas in the office where teams can congregate, brainstorm and work together, or just put their feet up and get things done more comfortably.
We’re looking for someone who has:
- 5+ years experience of communications experience preferably in an agency setting, with past work on federal government projects or within the government, particularly law enforcement or national security
- Bachelor’s degree in communications a related discipline
- The ability to pass security clearance
- Passion for public affairs and policy
- Excellent presentation, interpersonal and written communication skills, both media and client facing
- Strong research, analysis, writing and editing skills
- Experience with social and traditional media monitoring tools
- The ability to thrive in a collaborative environment while independently managing projects
- Initiative, with a commitment to continuous learning and improving
- A passion for our Core Values:
- Harambee. We all pull together.
- Learn from mistakes. Strive to improve.
- Be responsible for results.
- Respect the dignity of every person and the abilities of each individual.
Some of What We Offer:
- Great culture: From a quarterly mentorship program to various social events, we care about our people and about learning, growing and -enjoying working as together
- Interesting client work with growth opportunities
- Bonus plan
- Competitive benefits with a 401k match, 100% immediate vesting
- Employee development-focused environment and a professional development budget for each employee/year
- 12 vacation days in first year, 15 days in 2+ years, 5 sick days
- Formal quarterly review sessions, weekly one-on-one meetings and daily stand-ups