PR/Communications Senior Account Executive
- 1101 15th St NW, Washington, DC 20005, USA
Adfero is a communications agency with an entrepreneurial mindset. We turn challenges into opportunities and relentlessly pursue success for our clients, creating remarkable work with lasting impact.
As a full-service communications agency, Adfero partners with a range of organizations from trade associations and the U.S. government to Fortune 500 companies and non-profits. Our imaginative ideas have been recognized by industry peers and awards panels. We were also included on the INC. 5000 list of ‘Fastest-Growing Companies’ for four years in a row and named a ‘Best Place to Work in PR’ by PR News.
Adfero is seeking a full-time Senior Account Executive with experience and deep interest in communications and press strategies. The candidate we hire will be working initially with recognized players in the health care policy space. We’re looking for a candidate who can manage social media campaigns, pitch press, turn a clever phrase and stay on the leading edge of how we get our clients' messages out today. Someone who understands the most important goal is moving public perception. We seek highly creative and strategic individuals who are collaborative, ambitious and dependable.
We’re looking for an innovative, driven, up and coming communications professional who is looking to be a well-rounded strategist. Someone who sees that media, press, and communications are all tied together now, with social media more important than ever—but picking up the phone and pitching just as important.
- Quickly learn and stay up-to-date on client dynamics, positions and messaging, as well as relevant conditions in the external environment; understand complex issues and describe them for audiences with varying levels of subject matter expertise.
- Apply strategic thinking to draft communication plans.
- Manage social media campaigns, paid and organic.
- Build, maintain and grow active network of key local, state and national reporters at both legacy and new media outlets; actively, opportunistically and successfully pitch and place stories in target media.
- Identify and prepare spokespeople for media interviews while also serving as a spokesperson as needed; draft briefing documents and talking points.
- Write head-turning copy that distills complex political, policy, regulatory and public perception challenges into compelling narrative, including social copy, op eds and speeches; successfully place pieces in target media.
- Work with design teams to leverage social and digital media channels with shareable content, infographics and social posts that drive and/or amplify client narrative and placed stories.
- Conceptualize, organize, execute and assess media events of behalf client; generate media placements to drive and/or amplify event.
- Attend networking events before, during and after business hours as needed.
- Demonstrate project management skills to manage large and complex projects including establishing and maintaining. timelines and ensuring quality assurance of all client deliverables.
- Act as a strategic partner and tactical leader to help accomplish the client’s goals.
- Assist team members with identifying value-add opportunities within existing client engagements.
- Contribute regularly to team communications plans, blog content, client correspondence and reports.
We’re looking for someone who has:
- 2-4 years of experience in social media, media relations, public relations and/or communications.
- On-the-record experience with proven results.
- Fluent in social media trends, strategies and best practices, having used social not only for marketing but also to successfully pitch media is a plus.
- Strong time management skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, public relations, or a related discipline.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills with track record of placed written content.
- Knowledge of the legislative process; previous Capitol Hill experience is a plus.
- The ability to quickly adapt to changing priorities and issues.
- Solid research, analysis, and editing skills; ability to understand and explain complex policy issues in an emotionally-compelling way.
- Demonstrated experience working on large and multi-faceted projects.
- Excellent presentation, interpersonal and written communication skills.
- Solid project management and organizational skills, with proven ability to manage deadlines.
- Initiative, with a commitment to continuous learning and improving strategic communications skills; eagerness to grow as a leader.
- The ability to thrive in a collaborative environment while independently managing projects.
Some of What We Offer:
- Great culture: From a quarterly mentorship program to various social events, we care about our people and about learning, growing and -enjoying working as together.
- Interesting client work with growth opportunities.
- Bonus plan.
- Competitive benefits with a 401k match, 100% immediate vesting.
- Employee development-focused environment and a professional development budget for each employee/year.
- 12 vacation days in first year, 15 days in 2+ years, 5 sick days.
- Formal quarterly review sessions, weekly one-on-one meetings and daily stand-ups.
- And more!