PR/Communications Assistant Account Executive
- Washington, DC
Adfero is a communications agency with an entrepreneurial mindset. We turn challenges into opportunities and relentlessly pursue success for our clients, creating remarkable work with lasting impact.
As a full-service communications agency, Adfero partners with a range of organizations from trade associations and the U.S. government to Fortune 500 companies and non-profits. Our imaginative ideas have been recognized by industry peers and awards panels. We were also included on the INC. 5000 list of ‘Fastest-Growing Companies’ for four years in a row and named a ‘Best Place to Work in PR’ by PR News.
Adfero seeks a full-time Assistant Account Executive (AAE) who is an excellent writer and passionate about creative problem solving. This position will be responsible for implementing strategic communications tasks for a high-profile government client. In addition, the AAE will support a variety of external and internal communications efforts and work primarily on-site with the client as part of a larger strategic communications team.
ABOUT THE JOB
You’ll be collaborating with team members to develop communication strategies and project plans to promote international education policy and compliance initiatives.
Using your persuasive, strategic writing skills, you’ll produce blog posts, articles, social media content, infographics and more for both external and internal audiences. You’ll also help produce and manage content for a large government website that reaches millions of people around the world.
Exercising your critical thinking skills, you’ll contribute strategic ideas to the editorial calendar and help reach our client’s annual goals. You’ll also conduct media monitoring and analysis, as well as create briefing materials and presentations for senior management. Your ability to understand complex issues will help you transform them into comprehendible messaging for various domestic and international audiences.
At Adfero, our Core Purpose is to create opportunities for people to do what they do best, and we’re excited to offer those opportunities as we continue to grow. We also invest a lot in individual professional development to help employees build on their skills and make meaningful contributions to their work. Adfero is committed to having high-performing client teams, and our team members share common attributes: We are optimistic, imaginative, persistent and results-oriented. Ultimately, we live by our Core Values and hold each other accountable to them.
We’re an extremely collaborative environment. That’s one of the things people love most about working here. Whether it’s working on projects together or participating in social events, we enjoy coming to work and learning from each other. We have a 100% open office so that we can more easily collaborate. Our employees like the many areas in the office where teams can congregate, brainstorm and work together, or just put their feet up and get things done more comfortably.
- One to two years of communications experience, preferably in an agency setting with past work on government projects
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, public relations, journalism or a related discipline
- The ability to pass a security clearance
- Excellent writing, research, analysis and editing skills
- Strong organizational skills and thorough attention to detail
- Excellent presentation, interpersonal and communication skills
- The ability to adapt quickly to changing priorities and issues
- Understanding of interactive and web development processes and emerging web technologies
- The ability to thrive in a collaborative environment while independently managing projects
- Initiative with a commitment to continuous learning and improvement
- A passion for our Core Values:
- Harambee. We all pull together.
- Learn from mistakes. Strive to improve.
- Be responsible for results.
- Respect the dignity of every person and the abilities of each individual.
Some of What We Offer:
- Great culture: From a quarterly mentorship program to various social events, we care about our people and about learning, growing and -enjoying working as together
- Interesting client work with growth opportunities
- Bonus plan
- Competitive benefits with a 401k match, 100% immediate vesting
- Employee development-focused environment and a professional development budget for each employee/year
- 12 vacation days in first year, 15 days in 2+ years, 5 sick days
- Formal quarterly review sessions, weekly one-on-one meetings and daily stand-ups
- And more!