PR/Communications Intern - Full-Time
- Washington, DC
Adfero is a team of creative, strategic communicators. Communication is our passion and we believe in its power to influence people and initiate change. But we also recognize that the most impactful communicators are those who are inspired and empowered by their vocation, which is why our firm’s core purpose is to create opportunities for people to do what they do best. It is this purpose that enables us to produce the highest quality of work for our client partners.
Adfero is a full-service communications firm, partnering with a range of organizations from Fortune 500 companies, non-profits, trade associations and the U.S. government. Our imaginative ideas have been recognized industry peers and awards panels. We have been included on the INC. 5000 list of ‘Fastest-Growing Companies’ for four years running, and were named a ‘Best Place to Work in PR’ by PR News.
We are currently looking for an ambitious and team-oriented intern who is available to start in the Spring / Summer of 2017 to join our fast-paced and energetic team. We look for interns to commit to 3-6 months and available to work full-time. The internship is paid and we look to hire at the entry-level from this position depending on our business needs.
We consider our interns to be an integral part of our account teams. Therefore, at Adfero, we call them Account Coordinators and they support client account teams to deliver high-quality strategic communications services, including social media engagement, media relations, research and writing. While the role involves some administrative duties, interns who show a high level competency and initiative can and will become a key player in coordinating and executing client projects.
We’re looking for someone who has:
- Recent college graduate at the time of the internship or graduate student with a demonstrated interest in communications, marketing and/or public affairs
- Ability to work full-time (40 hours a week, 9am-6pm)
- Strong written and interpersonal communications skills
- Has a sense of professionalism
- Strong organizational skills/Detail-oriented - can catch typos & will be on top of projects/tasks
- Ability to prioritize work in a changing environment and the ability to time manage extremely well - this is key in our fast-paced, client-centric environment where re-prioritizing happens throughout the day
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, PR, journalism, English or related discipline preferred
- An Adfero culture fit: strategic, creative, ambitious, dependable and team-oriented with no ego
- Alignment with our Core Values:
- Harambee. We all pull together.
- Learn from mistakes. Strive to improve.
- Be responsible for results.
- Respect the dignity and abilities of each individual.
Thank you for your interest in our Internship Program and considering Adfero as a potential employer. We are looking for an intern to start in Spring / Summer 2017.
Adfero is an equal opportunity employer.