PR/Communications Intern - Full-Time
- 1101 15th St NW, Washington, DC 20005, USA
Adfero is a communications agency with an entrepreneurial mindset. We turn challenges into opportunities and relentlessly pursue success for our clients, creating remarkable work with lasting impact.
As a full-service communications agency, Adfero partners with a range of organizations from trade associations and the U.S. government to Fortune 500 companies and non-profits. Our imaginative ideas have been recognized by industry peers and awards panels. We were also included on the INC. 5000 list of ‘Fastest-Growing Companies’ for four years in a row and named a ‘Best Place to Work in PR’ by PR News.
We are currently looking for an ambitious and team-oriented intern who is available to start in the Spring / Summer of 2018 to join our fast-paced and energetic team. We look for interns to commit to 3-6 months and available to work full-time. The internship is paid and we look to hire at the entry-level from this position depending on our business needs.
We consider our interns to be an integral part of our account teams. Therefore, at Adfero, we call them Account Coordinators and they support client account teams to deliver high-quality strategic communications services, including social media engagement, media relations, research and writing. While the role involves some administrative duties, interns who show a high level competency and initiative can and will become a key player in coordinating and executing client projects.
At Adfero, our Core Purpose is to create opportunities for people to do what they do best, and we’re excited to offer those opportunities as we continue to grow. We also invest a lot in individual professional development to help employees build on their skills and make meaningful contributions to their work. Adfero is committed to having high-performing client teams, and our team members share common attributes: We are optimistic, imaginative, persistent and results-oriented. Ultimately, we live by our Core Values and hold each other accountable to them.
We’re an extremely collaborative environment. That’s one of the things people love most about working here. Whether it’s working on projects together or participating in social events, we enjoy coming to work and learning from each other. We have a 100% open office so that we can more easily collaborate. Our employees like the many areas in the office where teams can congregate, brainstorm and work together, or just put their feet up and get things done more comfortably.
We’re looking for someone who has:
- Recent college graduate at the time of the internship or graduate student with a demonstrated interest in communications, marketing and/or public affairs
- Ability to work full-time (40 hours a week, 9am-6pm)
- Strong written and interpersonal communications skills
- Has a sense of professionalism
- Strong organizational skills/Detail-oriented - can catch typos & will be on top of projects/tasks
- Ability to prioritize work in a changing environment and the ability to time manage extremely well - this is key in our fast-paced, client-centric environment where re-prioritizing happens throughout the day
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, PR, journalism, English or related discipline preferred
- An Adfero culture fit: strategic, creative, ambitious, dependable and team-oriented with no ego
- Alignment with our Core Values:
- Harambee. We all pull together.
- Learn from mistakes. Strive to improve.
- Be responsible for results.
- Respect the dignity and abilities of each individual.
Thank you for your interest in our Internship Program and considering Adfero as a potential employer. We are looking for an intern to start in Spring / Summer 2018.
Adfero is an equal opportunity employer.