Head of Car Dealer & Supply Management - Online Car Buying (m/f/d)
- Department: Sales
- Contract Type: Long term/Permanent contract
Founded in 1996, mobile.de disrupted the status quo of buying and selling cars with the first online vehicle marketplace, driven by the idea to create something new. As a driver of change for growth and innovation, we became more than just a platform. We are an ecosystem of skilled and entrepreneurially minded people, a community to unite sellers and buyers. As the No 1 marketplace in Germany we closely cooperate with a powerful network of around 42,000 dealers and connect them with almost 17 million unique users per month.
Mobile.de is part of Adevinta: a global online classifieds specialist and sustainability leader with 40+ products in 15 countries.
We are seeking a professional individual to join our Online Buying team as a Head of Car Dealer & Supply Management - Online Car Buying (d/f/m)
About the team: You will be joining our Online Car Buying business unit where we strive to ensure that every consumer can realize their individual mobility change online with confidence and trust. As part of this creative and agile business unit, we together have the opportunity to drive mobile.de's strategic ambition to extend its footprint and help consumers and dealers to trade cars fully online!
What you’ll do:
- Build, steer and shape the dealer & supply side operations for our Online Car Buying service - from a small team to a large organisation
- Develop, execute and iterate our strategy to offer and enable a great abundance of cars for our consumer to buy fully online.
- Be the voice of our dealership partners & empower them to leverage the new opportunities we provide
- Ensure continuous optimization of processes and team performance
- Setup & steering of internal and external teams & agencies
- Be responsible for corresponding budget & planning processes
- Be the strategic counterpart to Product, Marketing, Legal and Accounting
- Represent dealer & supply operations in the online car buying leadership team
Who you are:
- 7+ years of relevant experience in operations and/or automotive industries, in strategic projects in automotive industry, consulting or other relevant management roles
- You have a strong business sense, a hands-on problem solving mentality and always see the opportunity and not the problem
- Dealership and digital retailing experience is a strong plus
- Experience in managing external partners
- Passion about moving tasks forward and take full ownership of projects
- Strong ability to balance short-term goals and long-term strategic objectives
- Excellent ability to work collaboratively with stakeholders from different teams, also cross-functionally
- Analytical mindset with a data-driven focus
- Active listening and good presentation skills
- Fluent in German and English
- Teammate with high personal engagement and sense of humor & empathy
What you’ll get from us:
- Opportunity to shape the way we work. Your feedback and opinions are valued at all levels of the organisation
- Benefits including stock purchase plan and annual bonus plans
- Flexibility to work when and how you want - flexible hours, autonomy to set your own agenda, choice of phone and computer
- Smart Working Policy - work remotely some of the time, balanced with time in the office together with your team - between 5 and 45 days per quarter in the office depending on each team. (Please clarify this for your team during your first interviews!).
- ‘Work from anywhere’ weeks - up to four weeks working from anywhere, including from another country, as long as you have an internet connection!
- Career development, including individual training budget and language classes
- 28 days of holidays
Adevinta is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status.
Covid-19: We’re reviewing the situation on a regular basis to ensure that we follow all local government guidelines and put the health of our people first. All interviews are currently taking place virtually.