Senior Java Backend Engineer (d/f/m)
- Berlin, Germany
- Department: Product & Tech
- Contract Type: Long term/Permanent contract
Founded in 1996, mobile.de disrupted the status quo of buying and selling cars with the first online vehicle marketplace, driven by the idea to create something new. As a driver of change for growth and innovation, we became more than just a platform. We are an ecosystem of skilled and entrepreneurially minded people, a community to unite sellers and buyers. As the No 1 marketplace in Germany we closely cooperate with a powerful network of around 42,000 dealers and connect them with almost 17 million unique users per month.
Mobile.de is part of Adevinta: a global online classifieds specialist and sustainability leader with 40+ products in 15 countries.
As part of the Finding Squad, we strive to enable our customers to find their dream vehicle with intuitive services. We believe in building meaningful products through rapid prototyping, experimentation and data-driven decisions. With our team-defined ways of working we constantly improve ourselves for a comfortable and efficient working environment.
- Cooperate with a diverse team from Product, UX, Backend, Frontend and Native App engineers
- Be part of shaping our product from the planning desk to the finishing line
- Build and improve our large-scale and high availability backend services
- Contribute to the team’s work with high quality, well tested and scalable code
- Work closely with other engineering teams in our Consumer, Dealer Business and Platform areas
- Help to raise the overall skill and quality level through pairing and design/code reviews
- Innovate technology, process and product within our team
- Several years of professional experience as a Java developer (Java 8/11/17 with Spring Boot)
- Skilled in popular technologies like Elastic Search, Apache Kafka and HTTP/REST
- Excellent knowledge of SQL and NoSQL databases (especially MySQL and MongoDB). Apache Cassandra is an advantage
- You worked in multi-disciplined agile teams and know that responsibility does not end with deployment
- Real passion to write clean and beautiful code, with an eye for simplicity and pragmatism
- An ambition to follow the technology trends and apply new technologies to our technical stack
- Strong communication skills and proficiency in English
- Opportunity to shape the way we work. Your feedback and opinions are valued at all levels of the organisation
- Benefits including stock purchase plan and annual bonus plans
- Flexibility to work when and how you want - flexible hours, autonomy to set your own agenda, choice of phone and computer
- Smart Working Policy - work remotely some of the time, balanced with time in the office together with your team - between 5 and 45 days per quarter in the office depending on each team. (Please clarify this for your team during your first interviews!).
- ‘Work from anywhere’ weeks - up to four weeks working from anywhere, including from another country, as long as you have an internet connection!
- Career development, including individual training budget and language classes
- 28 days of holidays
Adevinta is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status.
Covid-19: We’re reviewing the situation on a regular basis to ensure that we follow all local government guidelines and put the health of our people first. All interviews are currently taking place virtually.