Backend developer for Jófogás
- Budapest, Váci út, 1134 Hungary
- Department: Technology
- Contract Type: Long term/Permanent contract
As the back-end engineer in a fun and energetic cross-functional team, you'll be working on product features used by thousands of Jófogás users every day. The team works on exciting, user-centric domains like messaging, trust, user profiles and parcel delivery & ordering.
We're looking for someone with excellent systems programming and database skills and a positive, proactive attitude. Ideally you're interested in trying new and unfamiliar things, enjoy diving in and getting your hands dirty in the details, and try your best to find reliable, pragmatic solutions to real user problems.
You’ll be responsible for:
- Improving and developing features in Jófogás's back-end services.
- Creating and maintaining services using Go and PHP.
- Building reusable code and libraries for future use.
- Keeping our site fast and performant for users.
- Proactively finding solutions to product problems.
- Implementing solutions based on input from the team's PM and client-side engineers.
- Collaborating with other team members in planning and implementation.
- Peer-reviewing your fellow back-end engineers' code.
What we are looking for:
- Proficient knowledge of developing web APIs and their databases (PostgreSQL, Redis, MongoDB, and PostgreSQL again) with hands on experience building and running web servers.
- Good understanding of the Go standard library and the PHP Yii framework is a plus.
- Familiarity with scripting languages like Python, Perl, Bash and your favourite imposter... YAML.
- Proficient understanding of the git version control system.
- Confident using the command line and associated Linux tools; you eat grep, sed, awk for breakfast.
- Familiarity with web server internals and network communication via JSON/HTTP on different API architectures.
- Experience with a lower-level systems language like C is very useful, but not required.
- Experience with working in both monolithic (layered) and microservice-oriented architectures is a plus.
- Familiarity with testing technologies like Go's test suite and PHPUnit.
- A team-player attitude.
- Technical and business level English is a must.
What we offer:
- The package includes salary, annual bonus, non-monetary benefits and lots of fringe benefits.
- Other opportunities within our loyalty program: All You Can Move Card, English/Hungarian language training and participation in training, conferences and workshops.
- With our Travel Grant program, you can apply to visit one of 15 Adevinta countries for up to several weeks.
- What we always have in the office: fruit, coffee, tea, cola, PlayStation, Nintendo Switch, ping-pong, table football, darts, bean-bags.
- Lots of programmes, social responsibility, thematic months, cake days, 3-day team building events, to boost our spirits during the work week.
- Our team is professional, youthful, energetic and diverse, and we are sure you will find your place, as we are interested in many things.
- We do not have overtime, after work focus on yourself and relax.
- You can expect a well-developed training process, and you will receive continuous feedback on your work.
- We are dog friendly, bring your pet, or play with your colleagues’ pets.
- You can join our football team or our fan club or our wine club.
If you would like to work with us, you are welcome to apply!