Web Engineer - P&I Team (m/f/x)
- Donau-City-Straße, 1220 Wien, Austria
- Department: Technology
- Contract Type: Long term/Permanent contract
Shpock is the platform bringing a little joy to the world of selling and buying, making it easy and safe to turn (nearly) anything into cash. With Shpock’s Secure Delivery feature millions of sellers nationwide can receive payments for items and organise shipping easily, all for free. Shpock is owned by Adevinta, a global family of leading marketplace sites, including France’s Leboncoin and Italy’s Subito, and was launched in 2012. Shpock has been downloaded more than 50 million times across Europe and is the winner of Apple’s ‘Best of App’ award in the category ‘Sustainability’ and part of Google’s “Android Excellence Apps”. All of this makes Shpock one of Europe’s most dominant shopping apps.
The Payments & Integrations team is focused on providing a best-in-class payment and checkout experience for our users.
You will contribute by helping the team discover, design and implement best solutions that help our users have a stellar experience in their checkout experience.
On the Payments & Integrations Team, you will work alongside other 6 team members from a diverse set of expertise: Product Manager, Product Design, iOS, Android, Backend (API / Database) and QA.
Speaking of the web engineers, they are in a range from medior to senior, willing to share knowledge with you and provide mentorship.
What you will do:
- Together with your team, you will write code that is used by millions of users.
- Work in an agile environment and collaborate with your squad members to deliver new features our users love
- Develop modern and user-friendly websites (main Shpock website and related sub-sites).
- You will regularly evaluate and test new and emerging technologies to ensure the faster implementation of features.
- Work on bug fixing and improving web application performance.
- Work within a supportive, mixed experience team with opportunities to learn and mentor.
- In every task, you have the possibility to bring in your own ideas and thereby shape the future of Shpock.
Who are we looking for?
- You love web development.
- Experience with NextJs & React (or any other framework)
- We love writing tests. We hope you do too.
- Understanding of Git version control.
- Understanding of the usage of REST APIs
- You keep up to date with current and future trends in web application development and you are not shy to suggest improvements.
- You are a proactive team player with good written and spoken English skills.
- You are curious and like to understand how things work.
- Relevant university degree or training in computer science or software development
- Experience with Typescript is nice-to-have
What we offer:
- Work on a product that impacts millions of users, with the mission to enable everyone to live life to their fullest! Be proud not only to generate excellent user experiences and create great user value but to support our global environment.
- Join at a vital time in our journey to provide a genuine impact on how we evolve.
- Work together with a management that supports change to improve us as a company! We embrace trying out new things and creating new and state of the art processes like our PEAK team set up and our GEMBA walks where we create an environment for regular opportunities to inspect and adapt as a company.
- A transparent culture - we care for each other and always promote radical candor to improve our relationships to help create an environment for success.
- An international working atmosphere in which we get stuff done and a learning environment with the opportunities to get the right development opportunities catered to your needs.
- Family-friendly & work-life balance are no buzz words for us: We offer flexible working hours, remote days, family events and 10 additional vacation days for new parents (when not going on paternity leave).
- Benefits like weekly team breakfasts, yoga, regular team events & more
Note: Currently we are working remotely until June 2021. Post-Covid, this role will be located in our Vienna office.
Your contact person: Tiago Serra
We offer an attractive salary for this position based on your qualifications and experience. Austrian law requires us to post a minimum salary for this position, which is € 40.000,- gross per year (for a full-time job). Of course, we are willing to pay more. We will treat your application in strict confidence!
Shpock is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
Please note that all applications must be completed in English using the online form - we do not accept applications via e-mail.