Associate Android Engineer - ReAct Team (m/f/x)
- Donau-City-Straße, 1220 Wien, Austria
- Department: Technology
- Contract Type: Long term/Permanent contract
Shpock is the platform bringing a little joy to the world of selling and buying, making it easy and safe to turn (nearly) anything into cash. With Shpock’s Secure Delivery feature millions of sellers nationwide can receive payments for items and organise shipping easily, all for free. Shpock is owned by Adevinta, a global family of leading marketplace sites, including France’s Leboncoin and Italy’s Subito, and was launched in 2012. Shpock has been downloaded more than 50 million times across Europe and is the winner of Apple’s ‘Best of App’ award in the category ‘Sustainability’ and part of Google’s “Android Excellence Apps”. All of this makes Shpock one of Europe’s most dominant shopping apps.
You will be part of the ReAct Team. The Team is responsible for supporting our growth efforts and helping engage new sellers and buyers by discovering and delivering solutions in the customer relationship space.
The ReAct squad is a cross-functional, product-focused team, consisting of a product manager, a product designer, QA, and several engineers, including Backend, iOS, Android and Web, as well as marketing and customer success experts.
Speaking of the engineers, they are in a range from medior to senior, willing to share knowledge with you and help you onboard.
We use modern Android development tools and frameworks: Kotlin, Java, Jetpack ViewModels, RxJava, Dagger, Retrofit and code is tested using JUnit, Mockito, Robolectric and Espresso tests.
What You'll do:
- Contribute to the development of features by collaborating with backend engineers on defining Rest API endpoints
- Continuously improving our existing Android codebase and collaborating with other Android Developers
- Work within a supportive, mixed experience team with opportunities to grow
- With every task, you have the possibility to bring in your own ideas and thereby shape the future of Shpock
Who are we looking for?
- A customer-focused engineer that strives to deliver value to users continuously.
- Have at least 1 year of experience in software development
- You already implemented a native Android app with Kotlin or Java
- You strive to write readable, testable, maintainable, performant code
- You find simple, elegant solutions to problems
- You are eligible to work in Austria and don't need a visa.
What we offer:
- Work on a product that impacts millions of users, with the mission to enable everyone to live life to their fullest! Be proud not only to generate excellent user experiences and create great user value but to support our global environment.
- Join at a vital time in our journey to provide a genuine impact on how we evolve.
- Work together with a management that supports change to improve us as a company! We embrace trying out new things and creating new and state of the art processes like our PEAK team set up and our GEMBA walks where we create an environment for regular opportunities to inspect and adapt as a company.
- A transparent culture - we care for each other and always promote radical candor to improve our relationships to help create an environment for success.
- An international working atmosphere in which we get stuff done and a learning environment with the opportunities to get the right development opportunities catered to your needs.
- Family-friendly & work-life balance are no buzz words for us: We offer flexible working hours, remote days, family events and 10 additional vacation days for new parents (when not going on paternity leave).
- Benefits like weekly team breakfasts, yoga, regular team events & more
Note: Currently we are working remotely until June 2021. Post-Covid, this role will be located in our Vienna office.
Your contact person: Tiago Serra
We offer an attractive salary for this position based on your qualifications and experience. Austrian law requires us to post a minimum salary for this position, which is € 37.000,- gross per year (for a full-time job). We are willing to pay more based on the experience. We will treat your application in strict confidence!
Shpock is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
Please note that all applications must be completed in English using the online form - we do not accept applications via e-mail.