Cloud & System Administrator (m/f/x)
- Donau-City-Straße, 1220 Wien, Austria
- Department: Technology
- Contract Type: Long term/Permanent contract
Shpock is the platform bringing a little joy to the world of selling and buying, making it easy and safe to turn (nearly) anything into cash. With Shpock’s Secure Delivery feature millions of sellers nationwide can receive payments for items and organise shipping easily, all for free. Shpock is owned by Adevinta, a global family of leading marketplace sites, including France’s Leboncoin and Italy’s Subito, and was launched in 2012. Shpock has been downloaded more than 50 million times across Europe and is the winner of Apple’s ‘Best of App’ award in the category ‘Sustainability’ and part of Google’s “Android Excellence Apps”. All of this makes Shpock one of Europe’s most dominant shopping apps.
Help build out, maintain, and troubleshoot our infrastructure to deliver a great product to our customers. As a Cloud & System Administrator, you will have an impact on the infrastructure and its direction through direct contributions. You will work together with other 4 great colleagues that are always ready to help each other out.
As a member of the infrastructure team, you will be an important driver of our cloud-migration strategy, gradually moving our system from running on-premise to the cloud. Will help us transition from a waterfall IT Ops model to a service-oriented where the focus is helping developers to bring their code to production to create an impact on our users.
The tech stack consists of:
- Database layer: mongoDB, elasticsearch, redis, memcache
- Application layer: Openshift
- Automation: SaltStack, Terraform
- Monitoring: Grafana, Prometheus
- Alerting: Sensu, PagerDuty
What you will do:
- Maintain DB backends and load balancing infrastructure
- Plan, coordinate and execute OS, DB and service upgrades
- Maintain monitoring stack (Sensu, Elk, Prometheus) and plan and execute upgrades
- Advise the Head of IT Infrastructure for task prioritization, project management and infrastructure architecture
- Help build, maintain and optimize our containerized API and application stack (OpenShift)
- Exchange and collaborate closely with our Dev-Team
- On-call duties
Who are we looking for?
- A can-do attitude and delivery focus
- Curious learner
- Knowledge of NoSQL databases
- Network knowledge (LoadBalancers, routing, VPN, etc)
- Experience as a System Administrator running production workloads
- Availability for on-call duties
- Be eligible to work in Austria
- Ability to quickly diagnose issues and suggest solutions
- Team player
- Good time-management skills
- Great interpersonal and communication skills
- Proactive and happy to challenge ideas
- Identify opportunities for change and promote new ideas
- Experience in AWS
- Experience administering MongoDB
What we offer:
- Join at a vital time in our journey to provide a genuine impact on how we evolve.
- Work together with a management that supports change to improve us as a company! We embrace trying out new things and creating new and state of the art processes like our PEAK team set up and our GEMBA walks where we create an environment for regular opportunities to inspect and adapt as a company.
- A transparent culture - we care for each other and always promote radical candor to improve our relationships to help create an environment for success.
- An international working atmosphere in which we get stuff done and a learning environment with the opportunities to get the right development opportunities catered to your needs.
- Family-friendly & work-life balance are no buzz words for us: We offer flexible working hours, remote days (up to 40% of the monthly working time), family events and 10 additional vacation days for new parents (when not going on paternity leave).
- Benefits like weekly team breakfasts, yoga, regular team events & more
Note: Currently we are working remotely until the end of August 2021. Post-Covid, this role will be located in our Vienna office.
Your contact person: Tiago Serra
We offer an attractive salary for this position based on your qualifications and experience. Austrian law requires us to post a minimum salary for this position, which is € 45.000,- gross per year (for a full-time job). We are willing to pay more depending on your experience. We will treat your application in strict confidence!
Shpock is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
Please note that all applications must be completed in English using the online form - we do not accept applications via e-mail.