BackEnd Software Engineer - Go
- 85 Rue du Faubourg Saint-Martin, 75010 Paris, France
- Department: Technology
- Contract Type: Long term/Permanent contract
Adevinta is a marketplace specialist, operating digital marketplaces in 16 countries in Europe, Latin America and North Africa. Our leading local brands include Leboncoin in France, InfoJobs in Spain, Subito in Italy, Jofogás in Hungary, and Segundamano in Mexico, among many others. Adevinta’s local marketplaces thrive through global connections and networks of knowledge.
Search Engineering is a team comprised of highly skilled and senior engineers, experts in the search domain. The team plays an enormous role in helping us achieve our 'perfect matches' ambition as they are responsible for providing search capabilities as a service to the marketplaces within Adevinta. Along with developing and maintaining the in-house built search component, centred around Elasticsearch, the team collaborates closely with data scientists in charge of personalized search features. The team is also responsible for operations and monitoring. The performance of the provided service is very important.
- Design, develop, maintain and operate the global product
- Ability to build and design technical solutions from scratch
- Role model documentation and world class APIs
- Keep on top of the latest developments in distributed systems and cloud tech
- Help to improve our ways of working and communicate best practices
- Continuously monitor the health and quality of our systems
- Strong problem solving skills
- You have a deep understanding of systems design, algorithms, and data structures
- You’re willing to work with Go, Java and/or Python
- Experience with AWS, Google Cloud, or any proprietary cloud
- Experience with distributed computing technologies
- Working collaboratively with geographically distributed teams is a big plus
- Cassandra, Kafka, Spark
- AWS (DynamoDB, SNS/SQS), Elastic Search, Redis, Docker, Datadog, ...
- Spinnaker, GHE, Travis CI, Artifactory
- Distributed Architectures & Microservices Architectures
Adevinta is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity in our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status. If any of the above ticks your boxes, then why not Apply Now to find out more