Global VP - Talent
- Carrer de la Ciutat de Granada, 150, 08018 Barcelona, Spain
- Department: People & comms
- Contract Type: Long term/Permanent contract
Adevinta is a marketplace specialist, operating digital marketplaces in 16 countries in Europe, Latin America and North Africa. Our leading local brands include Leboncoin in France, InfoJobs in Spain, Subito in Italy, Jofogás in Hungary, and Segundamano in Mexico, among many others. Thanks to the “secondhand effect” of buying and selling used goods, our marketplaces promote sustainability and protect the environment by reducing greenhouse emissions.
At Adevinta, we draw on the principles of successful marketplaces to do our job well. We actively exchange ideas, and we’re always learning from each other. We are a company where everyone belongs, and our culture is based on mutual trust. Above all, we keep a strong focus on creating and developing value - because we believe every house can be a home, every person can be useful, and every object can live a second, third or fourth life. And we leverage our scale to help build a sustainable future where everything can find its purpose or a new one.
This is a truly transformational role, with the focus on leading the transition of the Global Talent function from current state to future state combining our Talent Acquisition, Talent Development and Learning Functions.
Adevinta is in a period of rapid growth and consolidation both within our local Marketplaces and in our Global functions. Success in this role will be measured by the ongoing development to a ‘Glocal’ Talent Strategy (globally accessed and locally optimised approach) with a focus on:
- A robust and cohesive global Talent strategy; attraction, identification, retention, development and mobility
- Clearly identified global learning priorities that will underpin the business strategy and the design of relevant, effective and efficient learning tools, academies and programmes to build current and future capabilities
- Definition & optimisation of clear an employer brand and EVP;
- Fully integrated global systems with accurate and accessible data for reporting and analytics.
- The Talent function being seen as a trusted strategic partner to the business leadership.
- World class pipelining of engaged talent (both internal and external).
- Development of a clear and impactful assessment strategy within Talent Acquisition.
- Embedded global talent processes, such as performance management, talent reviews, succession planning and career development so that the concepts and purpose are well understood and consistently implemented.
- A global development curriculum and Career framework (Adevinta Avenues) delivering inspirational learning & career opportunities for all.
- A culture in which all employees are encouraged to take ownership for and drive their own career through giving them the tools, guidance and support to understand their role and responsibility.
- Further development of our Talent Communities to ensure we continue to pipeline Future Skills for our busines.
- Further development of our Early Career Programmes.
- Clear leadership for Diversity and Inclusion Strategy, Action Plan and programmes.
- Development of our Leadership and Management Development agenda.
We are looking for a visionary and strategic leader, with excellent communication and influencing skills. Someone who leads with passion with deep subject matter expertise gained within a Global Talent function. A person who has entrepreneurial tendencies who has a proclivity to get things done in a manner that embraces our Adevintans. We have an ambition as a team to be famous for having Meaningful Connections with both our talent communities and stakeholders, this person will exemplify this.
- 15 years experience in Talent Development and Talent Acquisition.
- Visionary, outcome-oriented; who demonstrates a determination to drive things forward, and will make sure decisions are made and followed through;
- Determined and resilient, yet with a will to ask and understand - you drive things forward, overcome setbacks, and make sure decisions are made and followed through
- Impatient yet with stamina;
- Curious and dedicated;
- Data-driven - you focus on the end result. You’re data savvy and an expert in relevant success metrics across the Talent agenda.
- Comfortable working with uncertainty, rolling with changes, and cutting through complexity; can-do attitude and creative problem solver.
- Ambitious - you seek opportunities outside your comfort zone and take risks rather than miss opportunities.
- A relationship-builder looking to learn and grow;
- A team player - You actively contribute to a positive environment and you live & breathe our key behaviours: say it like it is, get stuff done, always be learning fast, and win together, lose together – and has a heart for Adevinta’s brands.
- Diplomatic and collaborative. A highly effective relationship builder, with proven success in managing the interests and demands of multiple stakeholders.
- Comfortable handling many diverse projects simultaneously.
- Commercial-minded with solid understanding of business drivers and industry trends.
- Exceptional written and spoken English. Knowledge of French, Spanish, Italian or other European languages a plus.
You will get:
- To be part of a dynamic and dedicated team, with highly skilled colleagues.
- To work at a strategic level and to directly impact Adevinta’s direction in the People area.
- Opportunities to work on a global level, with senior management on strategic issues.
- Excellent growth opportunities and the ability to impact with velocity.