Staff Data Engineer (Image Recognition)
- 85 Rue du Faubourg Saint-Martin, 75010 Paris, France
- Department: Technology
- Contract Type: Long term/Permanent contract
Adevinta is a world leading online classifieds business that reaches more than 250 million people each month through our household name brands across 22 countries. Our brands include Leboncoin.fr, OLX, Vibbo.com, fotocasa, infojobs and Shpock to name a few. We strive to create perfect matches on the worlds most trusted marketplaces.
We leverage our global scale by creating global product & innovation platforms in our in Paris and Barcelona Tech Hubs which all of our brands can use. Our brand new Image recognition team, known a Cognition, is one of these global teams and is essential to many of the services we offer. Cognition is developing highly scalable, modern computer vision technologies based on deep learning algorithms for a variety of purposes, such as classification, meta data extraction, search and discovery, and understanding and moderating content.
The team is still in its MVP stage and is growing fast; we now need to hire the team's first Staff Data Engineer. Our Staff Engineer's are some of the most senior and skilled technical leaders we have. They embody the values and technical excellence that we strive for in Adevinta and have huge impact in every project they work on. This involves taking the lead on cross team project planning, formally mentoring juniors, run team design brain-storming sessions and, of course, writing clean high quality code.
- Be the number one expert in Data Engineering within our image recognition team; you'll have years of hands on experiences plus a vision for what the future of data engineering in image recognition will look like
- Work closely with Cognition's data scientists who use deep learning to build and productionise models that power our services
- Engineer and implement highly scalable and reliable systems, using the best development practices and tools.
- Help define our development environment, and communicate the best development practices within the organisation (i.e. code reviews, testing, etc).
- Continuously monitor the quality of our systems, design measurements to monitor their health (both the engineering systems and data quality).
- Work closely with other teams (Data Science, Product and UX) at Adevinta to drive product development.
- Conduct code reviews as a matter of routine
- Foster a culture of cross team collaboration
- Mentor our next generation of computer vision engineers and be a trusted voice when hiring new team members
- At least Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Applied Mathematics, Statistics or any quantitative field.
- Experience with development in programming languages such Python, Scala, Java etc.
- Highly experienced in extracting and wrangling data from a variety of sources, e.g. csv, SQL, spark, json etc.
- Some experience with cloud solutions such as AWS, Kubernetes or similar
- Interest in keeping abreast with machine learning and field of image recognition
- Proven track record of shipping technology while dealing with ambiguity, managing cross-team dependencies and relationships
- Familiarity with devops, concurrent/multi-threaded programming, or distributed systems are all advantageous.
- Experience with Spark, TensorFlow, Terraform, etc and familiarity with current state-of-the-art in image processing and recognition is a plus
Adevinta is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity in our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status. If any of the above ticks your boxes, then why not Apply Now to find out more