Senior Android Engineer
- Rue du Faubourg Saint-Martin, 75010 Paris, France
- Department: Technology
- Contract Type: Long term/Permanent contract
One of the missions of Adevinta is to develop the global product platforms and technology infrastructure necessary to create developer pipelines, big data processing, media management, payment, security and identity systems. With over 250 million monthly active users under our belt, we are able to harness huge amounts data to provide insights on a global scale. Together with our deep local expertise, we have a winning combination.
We are a world leading online classifieds business with household name brands across 22 countries. Our brands include Leboncoin.fr, OLX, Vibbo.com, fotocasa, infojobs and Shpock to name a few.
Our brands are supported by tech hubs in Paris and Barcelona. Their goal is to develop common global product & innovation platforms which all of our brands can leverage; creating data and identity based ecosystems; empowering local entrepreneurs, delighting users, and helping us achieve our mission of creating perfect matches on the world's most trusted marketplaces.
Our Touchstone team’s mission is to create easy to integrate customisable drop-in components for each of our Marketplaces to use in their apps and sites. The team is data-informed, utilising the A/B experimentation techniques to prove and improve the components that we offer to marketplaces to improve their users’ experiences.
Why join this team: Join a team building highly-visible, data-informed products. Build components that tie together predictive machine learning models built by data science teams, that leverage image recognition and personalisation algorithms. Be part of a team that build and run their software with full control and ownership. Learn from your mistakes and from the mistakes of others and strive for continuous improvement.
- Build state of the art components that have real revenue-generating impact
- Working in a multi-disciplinary team here in London & Paris and alongside colleagues throughout Europe
- Be creative and experiment with new solutions but pragmatic and committed to code optimisation, maintainability, and quality that can scale to a large user base
- Help define our development environment, and communicate the best development practices within the organisation (i.e. code reviews, testing, etc)
- Work closely with other teams (Stakeholders, Product and UX) to drive product development in an iterative and agile way
- Leading discussions and contributing to technical decisions, striving for clean architecture
- 2+ years of experience of Android development, Kotlin a big plus
- Distinctiveness - someone who can help us raise the bar.
- Enthusiasm for solving interesting problems; with real intellectual curiosity and generalism
- Demonstrated mastery and deep experience of developing Android SDKs - ideally with experience shipping robust mobile technologies or cutting-edge apps that have been enjoyed by large numbers of users.
- Excellent, deep experience of Java/Kotlin are (of course) necessary - it’s Android!Familiarity with RESTful APIs to connect Android applications to back-end services.
- Someone who has experience working collaboratively with geographically distributed teams (we have hubs in London, Barcelona, Stockholm and Oslo) would be preferable.
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools such as Git and familiarity with Continuous Integration.
Desirable Experience (which you’ll be exposed to, if you’re not already)
- Experience with server side technologies for building web services for mobile devices
- CI/CD build pipelines
- DDD, SOLID, TDD
- AWS or any other cloud platform
- High comfort level working with multiple stakeholders from different parts of the organisation toward a consensus
- iOS/web development experience/interest a bonus
If this sounds like you it would be great to have a conversation, the first step is to click apply.