Senior Data Engineer
- Donau-City-Straße 1, 1220 Wien, Austria
- Department: Technology
- Contract Type: Long term/Permanent contract
Shpock has more than 10 million active users and over 2 billion page impressions. These numbers and regular #1 rankings in the App & Google Play Store in three countries (Germany, UK, Austria) make Shpock one of Europe’s most popular shopping apps. Behind the success of the app stands a team of over 100 highly motivated people from many different nationalities. Shpock has received two accolades from tech industry leaders: The “Best of 2017” award in the field of “Sustainability” from Apple and the “Android Excellence App of 2018” in the Google Play Store.
As a Senior Data Engineer you will have the opportunity to take us to the next level.
What you will do
- You use your expertise to define the company data strategy, its implementation and big data management approach
- You define and implement data quality assurance methods
- You ensure uninterrupted and timely data availability, while using the resources efficiently
- You are responsible for the continuous optimization, development and scaling of data warehouse processes and applications.
- You guarantee the integration of internal and external data sources into our data warehouse with ETL (Extract, Transform, Load).
- With your technical skills and knowledge you support various teams in getting access to the data they need
Who are we looking for
- 5+ years experience in a Data Engineer role or similar position
- You have experience with
- technologies of the Hadoop ecosystem (e.g. MapReduce, Spark, Hive, ...)
- cloud computing (e.g. AWS, Google Cloud, Microsoft Azure, ...)
- Linux / Bash Scripts
- at least one scripting language (e.g. Python, NodeJS)
- SQL and management of relational databases
- You enjoy working with 3rd party APIs (Facebook, Google, AWS...)
- Fluent in English
Your contact person: Britta Niederdorfer
We offer an attractive salary for this position based on your qualifications and experience. Austrian law requires us to post a minimum salary for this position, which is € 50.000,- gross per year (for a full-time job). Of course we are ready to pay more. We will treat your application in strict confidence!